Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: "Fibers" in Poop after solids

Default "Fibers" in Poop after solids

DD had little fibers in her poop yesterday. It looked like little 1/4 cm black threads. She had carrots, cereal and bannanas yesterday. It was the first time she'd had bannanas. Is this normal?

Default Re: "Fibers" in Poop after solids

The same thing happened to us! I even took it to the ped to test for blood, which it was not. Ds had sweet potatoes, butternut squash and bananas, all "stringy" foods. What I did was to stop foods and delay just a bit longer, once we started back up again I never have seen any strings? I would say it is most likely normal, but for us I took it as a sign that maybe Thomas' little tummy needed a little bit more time..

I've heard of this happening with bananas. I never noticed it with ds, though.

totally normal with bananas - just like the fibers in banana bread

Mom to - 6 yrs, 4 yrs, and twins 3 years

Check out my Work at Home Job Here

I think it is, as PP said, pretty common with bananas. We've seen it, come to think of it... Kind of makes sense...aren't there lots of tiny black thread-like things in baked banana bread?? Never had thought of it that way until now, of course! (LLL-Angi, you beat me to that and posted while I was still typing! )

Frankly, what *really* leaves a mental impression are the 'flow-throughs' of black beans!! I'll never forget the first time DH yelled from the next room, while changing J's diaper, 'hey, hon! Looks like we've got a black bean loaf going here!'
    I nearly wet myself.
    Jsmom