Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sick/Supply

Default Sick/Supply

I was just wondering as I have read being sick can affect your supply. With the numerous issues my son and I have been working through with nursing I have been pumping and giving pumped milk in a bottle a lot, while working through our nursing issues together.
    My question is the last 2 days I am pumping much less than I was. I have been trying to power pump as in pump almost constantly, I am taking fenugreek, and eating oatmeal. I have always done compressions and massage while pumping. I have however had a sore throat that started creeping up on me since yesterday afternoon and now I am almost full blown sick.
    Could this be why my supply is not what it was? Will I be able to get it back up to where it was? I am now stressing out over it which I am sure is not helping either.

TIA!
    Christine
    lots of for the cloth dipes!
    Sara Elizabeth 5.25.04 and Holden Joseph 10.18.07

Wife to Eddie. <3

Default Re: Sick/Supply

Absolutely - getting sick can definitely decrease your supply. The good news is that it's temporary. Keep up with good fluid intake and pump as much as you can. I'll bet when you start feeling better you will see your supply come back. Sorry you are sick - I hope you feel better soon

Amy

How are things today?

Still a bit of a sore throat but I am up to almost 3oz each session from 2oz, I was getting about 4 oz per session before this. Except the am was 7-10 oz and is now 5-6 oz.
    Christine
    lots of for the cloth dipes!
    Sara Elizabeth 5.25.04 and Holden Joseph 10.18.07

Wife to Eddie. <3