Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bedtime for 10 Month Old

Default Bedtime for 10 Month Old

Hi - just wondering what time your little one's bedtime is if they are around 10 - 11 months. I am starting to think we are going to bed too late. I give my little guy a bath around 8:30 or 9:00 and then we nurse to sleep. However he is often still awake at 10 or later. I am working outside of the home and my husband usually takes him to daycare around 7:30am He takes between 1and 2 naps per day.

Default Re: Bedtime for 10 Month Old

All babies (and children) vary greatly in their sleep requirements. My 6 month olds bedtime is 8pm but if he had it his way, 8pm would be nap time for 20 minutes then up to play again. I 'enforce' the 8pm bedtime with a boob... He falls for this trick everytime and goes back to sleep

IMO, children and babies don't know what's good for them when it comes to sleep and if left to their own devices, don't get enough. I know my 6yo step daughter will stay up half the night if allowed (she's not with us. At her moms house?...no comment) and still get up at 7am every morning, untill she has what looks like two black eyes from lack of sleep

My 10 month old goes to bed between 7 and 7:30. She takes a good morning nap (1.5 hours) and a not-so-good afternoon nap (35 minutes or so).
    She wakes herself up around 6:30-7 in the morning. Of course she wakes up in the night once. I think I read somewhere once that you can tell babies are getting enough sleep if you don't have to wake them up in the morning. Although I have no idea where I read that....

Our daughter has been on the same schedule since shortly after birth -- bed time is between 7:45 and 8:15. She is now 14 months, and we're sticking to the same routine. It seems to work for us.

DS always went to bed late (between 9-10:30) and woke up around 7. The one reason that it was ok with me was becuase we were at home together and he could take 2 good two hour naps a day with me.

With your LO being in daycare, perhaps they are limiting the length of the naps. I would gradually push it earlier, especially so you can get some extra rest at night and have some time in the evening to get stuff done.

i would also let the day care know so they can gradually decrease the length of the afternoon nap so the baby will be nice and tired come 7 or 8.

Bedtime routine starts around 6pm and he's in bed between 6:30-7:00. Earlier if no naps (yes, sometimes he doesn't nap AT ALL). He usually takes 1 nap a day for 30min - 1.5 hours.

He wakes up on his own around 6-7am. A lot of times he's up at 5:30 but I don't let him wake up, he just plays until I'm ready...

My 23 month old sleeps from 7:00 to 6:00-7:00 and takes on average one nap a day for about 2 hours. Occasionally he naps a 2nd time but this is becoming a rarity.

my son goes to bed between 9-930 and wakes up around 7:30? it all depends though
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!

My daughter was always a late riser...from birth until now. She prefers to wake at around 9am. She also prefers to go to bed at around 10pm. No matter what I did...she just didn't fall asleep until around that time. She still takes the occasional nap, though...

My son (who is 11 months) gets up at 6:30, takes 2-3 naps per day and is in bed for the night between 7:45-8:15pm.

As long as baby is getting enough sleep...I wouldn't worry too much about the time.

My LO goes to bed at 9:30p and gets up at 5:30am.

Here is our general "schedule" but it is very flexible:
    5:30am - wake in her crib and join DH and I in bed to nurse, goes back to sleep nursing until 6:20a

6:20a - up to get ready for daycare

7:10a - we leave for DCP/work and she sleeps in the car until 8:10a.

Nap around 1p - 3p

5:30p Pick up at DCP and she naps in the car util we get home 6:30p or 7p

Goes to bed at 9:30p

I have been told that she neds to sleep more but we work in the city and it is not possible to get home any quicker/earlier.
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk