Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: solid schedule???

Question solid schedule???

Would anyone mind sharing their "schedule of eating" if they have a baby around 9 mos or so???? I want to make sure im on the right track as far as foods go. I really want to introduce more foods.

When do you start protein?

Mine doesn't like anything that isn't pureed...she actually gags if it s a little lumpy so i think i need to buy a food processor as I've only been feeding her Earths best or gerber organics from jars and I use a grinder to make some things myself. Any ideas for making chicken???

Our schedule

7 ishBF in bed hahah
    8 ishbreakfast eartghs best oatmeal or multigrain and fruit ( bananas mangos applesauce, occ prunes, pears)

BF for nap 10 ish in our bed hahaha

12 ish lunch veggies and oatmeal/ MG cereal or occ just veggies usually peas , green beans winter squash her favs

bf 2ish nap

bf 4ish

5ish dinner veggies and cereal

bf7ish bed

up every 30 mins usually throw a few more feeding sin there and tends to nurse throughout the night if she wake sup ..in our bed hahaha

Default Re: solid schedule???

LO will be 9 mos tomorrow.

7ish BF in bed
    8ish breakfast in highchair: oatmeal & fruit
    nap 9:30ish for an hour or so
    11:30ish BF
    12:30ish snack: veggie or fruit
    nap (sometimes BF) 2:30ish
    5:00 BF
    6:00 dinner in highchair: lots of veggies, little fruit
    7:45 BF to bed
    sleeps 10-11 hours

Ped told us we could start meat anytime after 8 mos. We decided to wait until he started to get teeth and was "chewing" more (chucks of sweet potato, banana, etc). Personally, I wasn't about to puree meat and felt if he wasn't ready to chew, he just isn't ready for meat yet. So, we waited. He has been "chewing" and mushing things very well- so, we decided that Thanksgiving would be his inagural meat day- turkey
    He has loved every food we have given thusfar, and have had no reaction- so, we're going for it.

We have only added things as we felt he was ready- we tried chunks of fruit/etc at 7mos. His pinscer grasp wasn't developed well, so we tried again a few weeks later. Everything in time... Something I find funny is his sippy cup- he only gets juice 2X a week, mainly water- but, if I bring it towards his mouth, he opens wide, expecting me to hold it for him. If I put it near him, he'll grab it and bring it to his mouth on his own...if I help him (angling it up), he immediately lets go, as if to say, "oh, you go ahead hold, I'll just sit here and drink...thanks mom!" So, we're trying to work on that one

Best of luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by basmal8 View Post
    Something I find funny is his sippy cup- he only gets juice 2X a week, mainly water- but, if I bring it towards his mouth, he opens wide, expecting me to hold it for him. If I put it near him, he'll grab it and bring it to his mouth on his own...if I help him (angling it up), he immediately lets go, as if to say, "oh, you go ahead hold, I'll just sit here and drink...thanks mom!" So, we're trying to work on that one
    My son does this as well! Exactly the way you had described it!!!!

7am nurse
    10:30 nurse (or bottle at daycare)
    11:30 solids
    1:30-2 nurse (or bottle at daycare)
    5pm nurse
    7pm nurse
    Wakes once at night to nurse.

Pedi suggested I add a third meal, so I'm going to add breakfast after he nurses at 7, and then move the 11:30 solids meal to abut 12-12:30. I've tried to give him breakfast, but he has been uninterested in it. I always nurse him before his solid meals.

He is just 9 months now, and I started ground turkey just after 8 months and chicken a couple weeks ago. I'm not going to introduce any other meats for awhile now.

I try to give him meat and more veggies at dinner. Lunch is usually more fruits. I tend to give him whatever I feel like giving with a good variety. He is strictly on table foods and has been for quite awhile. We've done more of a baby led approach. He's had a great pincer grasp since just after 6 months when we started solids.

As far as starting meats and chunkier food when they have more teeth...babies don't get their teeth used for chewing until much later-I think they are called molars? (towards the back on the sides). They are eating solids much before those teeth come in. Many people think they need to wait on meats and chunky food until they have their front teeth, but front teeth are not used for chewing.

DS only has his 2 front bottom teeth which came in within the last few weeks, and he eats all solids-meats, breads, toast, crackers, etc. They are really good at chewing with their gums.

DS is 8 months old but I found this scheduel to a really helpful guide.
    http://www.health.gov.ab.ca/public/NT39Solids.html
    If you scrool all the way to the bottom there is chart.