Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Back - am I crazy?

Default Re: I'm Back - am I crazy?

Corey0902

I just wanted to say congrats! I did read you story and that is so awesome! That is where I wanted to be several months ago! I'm so happy for you! Way to go! It is an awesome thing you did and DD is such a lucky girl!

I don't think you're crazy, I think it's awesome! Good luck!

I don't think you are crazy at all for wanting to relactate! I have been struggling with wanting to for a month now. I only bf for 7-10 days.... I finally tried 3 days ago to start pumping again. DS is 3 months old. The first day I got 3/4 oz the first time. I am now at drops and pumping like a fiend...hoping! I think I need to do more nighttime pumpings...also am trying to get DS to latch on right before he eats to try to get him "used" to the nipple again.

Thumbs up Re: I'm Back - am I crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by jenzbugrulz1978 View Post
    I don't think you are crazy at all for wanting to relactate! I have been struggling with wanting to for a month now. I only bf for 7-10 days.... I finally tried 3 days ago to start pumping again. DS is 3 months old. The first day I got 3/4 oz the first time. I am now at drops and pumping like a fiend...hoping! I think I need to do more nighttime pumpings...also am trying to get DS to latch on right before he eats to try to get him "used" to the nipple again.
    Good for you! With DS so young I think you have a GREAT chance! Keep pumping like a fiend! I was able to get my milk up to 8 oz per day after only 1 month of just pumping and I NEVER BF and DD never latched. So it is possible! Hopefully DS can comfort nurse on you.

Good luck!

Okay so my udpate. I'm a collection now in the bottle! Woo hoo! DD also will take a lick of milk off of my nipple if I hand express, yipee!

Oh, I'm finding that I have more success hand expressing. Carpentergirl put a really great link to a video on how to hand express, thank you! I'm getting really good at it and I think it is almost better than the pump. The only drawback is that I can't do it for very long before I tire out! BUT I can do it more often than pumping. So if we are in a public place i can hand pump for 5 minutes in the bathroom where I can't pump.

Just wondering if anyone has found the same! I have to go to the store tomorrow, I'm almost all out of Fenugreek! Yikes!

Happy re-lactating ladies! It feels right to be back!

Great job! I know the feeling about it being "right" to be back. The more I pump, the more I want to keep going. I hate having to give formula now.

Its going well. I have about 1/2 oz built up for the whole day today. I got several squirts this morning! The manual expression is really working out well. I am doing manual expression after pumping to get it ALL out! This weekend was a tough weekend though, putting up lights, DH running half marathon and Christmas shopping so my breasts were hurting! I'm just doning the best I can when I can sit down and pump. DD is so funny, she always comes over to me while I pump and wants to tug on the cords or adjust the suction (ouch!). She still doesn't know what to do yet but she'll open her mouth and put it on my chest. I have been using a doll to show her what to do. She just laughs.

Woo hoo, we're on our way!

I love it! Congratulations on your first squirts! You know that you are on your way, now.

Have you rented any DVDs from the library to watch with your daughter on "how to breastfeed"? I am so currious to see how she responds to that! I hope you will keep sharing your story.

Hi!

Just wanted to share. I get about an ounce per day! I also get 'squirts' every day. The manual expression is really working, I get alot more out that way. I don't collect it because I'm just going for stimulation.

I like your idea about renting a DVD and watching it with her. She is still really into my pump, she tried to put the flanges on herself the other day! She also was walking around with my bra on! So cute!

We're getting there!

I'm not relactating but I just wanted to offer support!!! My hubby is career Army so I understand your situation

jaamommy is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Yea!!!!! Congrats for you mama, and welcome back! I hope everything goes great for you and I hope your milk will fill back in very soon!