Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: TB skin testing

Default TB skin testing

Does anyone know if it is safe to get a skin TB test while nursing? I have heard/read different things. It is hard to find any concrete info, even kellymom just states "it should not be a concern" WTH does that mean?? It doesnt make me what to run out and get one.

Default Re: TB skin testing

I work in healthcare and have to get this done every year. Well I decided not to do it this year. I didn't do any research but I just figure better safe then sorry.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

The PPD skin teat they use is safe when nursing and "considered safe" when preg. I opted not to have one when Preg but did have it once since I have been nursing.
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

It never even occurred to me that it might not be safe to get. I am supposed to get one for my internship...

I had one of these done, not while pg though. It was WEIRD!
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

I work around primates so they are required. There are 4 of us that all had LO's at the smae time so we each asked out doc and all got the same answer. The, we did a lot of homework just to make sure our doc was not stupid b/c well, mines is a man and never breastfed anyone!
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Quote Originally Posted by marymud View Post
    I work around primates so they are required.
    primates?

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingPrisms View Post
    I had one of these done, not while pg though. It was WEIRD!
    why do you say that? cause it bubbled up? funny isn't it
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Number3 View Post
    why do you say that? cause it bubbled up? funny isn't it
    Its freaky, to say the least!!
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Thanks ladies, I was more curious than anything about what you all knew. I just got a new job and am supposed to have one done. The main office told me to wait until I stop bfing if I wanted to and if push comes to shove, I can get an MD order to not have one done yet.

It just feels weird with them having to know when I stop nursing. What if I don't stop until she is 5 ?????