Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheerios?

Default Re: Cheerios?

Quote Originally Posted by rlabelson View Post
    What kind of cheerios? regular? surely not honeynut? whole grain?
    We gave the twins regular cheerios at around 7 months old. They LOVED them!!!!!!
    Carol
    Proud mom to,
    Cassi 5/17/85
    Carlie 3/16/96

The Twinzillas
    Camryn 8/17/06
    Carson 8/17/06
    & their Shadow
    Caitlyn 4/22/07

we recently started giving our LO (he's 8 months) cascadian farms "cheerios" which are organic. they're not called cheerios but look like them. we were scared at first so i would break them in half. but basically he gums them and they sorta just melt in his mouth and he likes them a lot.

if you want to see how they melt, you can eat one and see how many seconds it takes to get mushy. it's pretty fast.

I've tried to get DS interested but he just isn't. He'll pick one up and look at it and then he doesn't give them another glance.
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

Should I wait until DS has at least one tooth?

My question is the same...should I wait until dd has a tooth or does that make a difference. is 6 months ok to start on them? She seems to like food and has the dexterity. I remeber giving them to my other 2 when they were babies but that was years ago and I can't remember what age is ok to start on them.

my ds just started cheerios and he LOVES THEM. He is 7 1/2 months and he has no teeth. He loves to gum them and share them - he still is working on his pincher grip and these are helping him a lot =)

DD loves Cheerios (well, Malt-O-Meal Scooters, actually, lol). She will keep shoving them into her mouth until her mouth is full, then sortof let them dissolve and chew them and swallow, then repeat. And sometimes get a little cheerio mush onto her chin, or clothes, or carpet...
    Andrea, wife to Tim, mama to Lydia, born 5 December '06 (weaned at 28 months, ) Benjamin Luke born at home 5 days late on 10/10/09

my Blog . . my Play Food