Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello and please send positive thoughts

Default Re: Hello and please send positive thoughts

You're doing great Mama. You're right to try to enjoy the time when they are so small. People gave me the same advice, and I felt so lost wondering why I couldn't enjoy it, and why I was so stressed. It does get better and more rewarding.

It is hard around the holidays when you feel that you should be back to your normal activities. Giving birth is a major physical achievement. Allowing your body to rest and recover and heal is very necessary. Also allowing your emotions and hormones to balance out takes time.

Try to set up a nursing station so that you can snack, drink water, read, watch TV, rest, etc. The couch in the living room is a good idea. Can you shower when DH gets home from work?

Lyn
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_ohio View Post
    awe 3 weeks prime time for a growth spurt.
    The more often she nurses the more milk your going to make.
    Some times its normal for them to want to nurse up to 12 times in 24 hours during a growth spurt.
    My LO nursed even more then the 12 times in 24 hrs in the first couple growth spurts. It's demanding but oh so worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by selina21 View Post
    Hang in there mama. You are not alone. Natalie is just going thru a growth spurt, it can be difficult. Take a nap when she naps. The first couple of months will be quite a challenge but you will get thru this. IMO, traveling at this moment may add more stress on you .
    Very challenging on the momma but so very worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by danlynclark View Post

You're doing great Mama. You're right to try to enjoy the time when they are so small. People gave me the same advice, and I felt so lost wondering why I couldn't enjoy it, and why I was so stressed. It does get better and more rewarding.

It is hard around the holidays when you feel that you should be back to your normal activities. Giving birth is a major physical achievement. Allowing your body to rest and recover and heal is very necessary. Also allowing your emotions and hormones to balance out takes time.

Try to set up a nursing station so that you can snack, drink water, read, watch TV, rest, etc. The couch in the living room is a good idea. Can you shower when DH gets home from work?

Lyn
    After 4 months now I'm still not back to "normal" but it's a new normal. with setting up a nursing station. I got in quite a bit of reading in the beginning because of the nursing station I had set up at the couch. It was one thing that was very normal for me to do before she was born, grab a book and relax on the couch. It helped me relax to do the same with LO nursing.

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

Just wanted to update that I am still nursing. Things have gotten a lot better.

I did try the bath idea with Natalie today. She took a bath with me and latched on and nursed..it was so relaxing!!

We're still trying to get off of the nipple shield but I'd rather nurse with a shield than not nurse at all!!
    Proud Mom to Natalie Morgan! Born 10-29-07
    **WE'VE MADE IT BEYOND 6 MONTHS BFING!!!

yeah I'm glad that things are going beter!
    some babies it takes a while to get them off the sheild just keep trying!

Quote Originally Posted by utsarah View Post
    Just wanted to update that I am still nursing. Things have gotten a lot better.
    That's wonderful news! Just keep hanging in there... It's going to get so much better once the hectic newborn period passes. Pretty soon you'll be back here only to give advice to other new mommas!

everything these wonderful ladies said is so true! if i look back i have posts just like yours! i had a hard time believing them that it would get better. the best advice i was given on here was to take it one day at a time and the advice of making your couch or your bed a breastfeeding "island" was also the best advice. do you nurse laying down at all? that helped me be able to take naps since i couldn't put my ds down even after he'd fallen asleep or he'd wake up! i'd nurse laying down and then i was forced to take a nap instead of think i should be cleaning or doing laundry or some other ridiculous chore!