Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumped on our "get-away"

Default Pumped on our "get-away"

My DH had been bugging me to get-away and I finally gave in. I'm so glad I did. Even though this trip has been planned for 2 months, it couldn't have come at a more needed time. This is why:

My DH is a police officer and while he was working Wednesday night, he had a gun pulled on him and aimed at his head! The trigger was pulled, but the gun malfunctioned! My DH said it was the hardest fight he'd ever had in his 11 years as a cop. He was literally fighting for his life! Thank God he is ok, but it was a reality check for me. I don't know what I'd do if I lost him. In a way, I think I'm in shock.

So, DH and I went on our first weekend away since DD was born. I did great and she did great! It was nice to reconnect with hubby, especially after what happened. I managed to pump regularly, even though I was on "vacation mode". We stayed in a hotel room that had a fridge, so that made it easy to store the BM and then bring home.
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Feeling like a and lovin' it!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000
    DS 2/25/03 Always making me laugh!
    DD 1/23/07 Loves to Breastfed 15 months with no end in sight!

Default Re: Pumped on our "get-away"

for you! It is so important to spend quality time as a COUPLE. It makes us better parents . . . speaking of which, dh and I are so due for another night away!

oh and crazy about your dh! Things like that have a tendency to put things into perspective. I am so sorry that happened but thank God he is ok!