Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby squirms & tugs my nipple back and forth!

Default Re: Baby squirms & tugs my nipple back and forth!

My baby is 4 weeks tomorrow and does that (nipple tugging) when she poops! Her poop always sounds explosive, so I also believe it could be gas in my baby's case. It hurts, huh! I never knew my nipples could stretch that far! LOL!

Could just be gas, but could be other things as well. Try unlatching your LO and attempt to burp - can take a bit so do what you can to see if that's the problem.

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

Just wanted to add my 2cents...and hopefully some hope....

My little guy is just over 3 months old and he never did this before until just recently.
    During his feedings now, maybe midway through, he does this exact same thing.....
    I was nervous because he would really arch his back badly and wildly tug my nipple back and forth. (OUCH!!!!!!)

I just sat him up one time a few days ago when he was doing it and gently said to him "that hurts mommy, don't do that'...and with that...a HUGE burp came out, then a few farts....

Now every feeding I try and burp him half way through, and so far it seems to be working well.

I would say to try and do the same. See if that helps. If your little one has issues with reflux, maybe lay your LO on the left side...that could give some relief, if it is gas that is trapped.

Love Becca