Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How is exclusive pumping going to affect my cycles?

Default How is exclusive pumping going to affect my cycles?

Just a question -- how did exclusive pumping affect your cycles? I'm used to EBF making me anovulatory for 6 months or better ... realized today that pumping only four times daily (or less) might change that a little. Since I'm not really in the market for Irish twins, can anyone tell me what I might expect?

Default Re: How is exclusive pumping going to affect my cycles?

I think I'm just a weird case, but after we got home from the hospital I started pumping (I didn't want them to take DS away, I'm young and stupid apparently!) and I did that for 3 weeks, I got my period basically when DS was... a month and a half old! And I was pumping every single time he needed to eat, cause if I didn't pump he didn't get a bottle... till I got a little ahead.

So... I think my body is just weird and hated me, said you had enough time without your period you get it back now.

Sorry if this sounds odd, I got up at 5 am, and for some reason DS has been back to sleep for oh 1 and a half hours and I stayed on the computer. I'm crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by rosesforlily View Post
    Just a question -- how did exclusive pumping affect your cycles? I'm used to EBF making me anovulatory for 6 months or better ... realized today that pumping only four times daily (or less) might change that a little. Since I'm not really in the market for Irish twins, can anyone tell me what I might expect?
    I pump exclusively and I just got my period. I am 7 weeks post partum! But, it was very very light.

Irish Twins!

Actually, one anovulatory cycle at 4-6 weeks postpartum is really quite common.. you two might not have AF back yet.

Actually, one anovulatory cycle at 4-6 weeks postpartum is really quite common.. you two might not have AF back yet.
    I like that idea...

I've been EPing for 3 months, and still no sign of AF!
    Mama to DD#1 Exclusive pumper for 3 months before getting back to breast

and

DD#2 Straight from the tap since birth

No I have it. The last 5 months I've had it.