Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is it possible

Default Is it possible

I don't know if this is the right forum, but I'm wondering: Is it possible for baby to be able to switch between bottle and breast? My LO is not eating from her bottle while I am at work. We have tried everything, but she will NOT take the bottle from DH. I nurse her at night and during the day and she takes a bottle from me the 4 days I'm home in the evening, but not the 3 that I am at work. She just doesn't eat. I'm wondering if I have to strictly bottle feed her until she gets the hang of it and then try to go back to nursing and bottle when I'm at work. I really do NOT want to quit nursing her!

Thanks for your thoughts

Default Re: Is it possible

Yes it's possible

How old is she? How long are you away from work? Can DH spoon/syringe feed her? Is she old enough to try a cup?

These are the first things that popped into my head
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

DD is almost 5 mos. I don't really want to try the syringe thing, because to me that seems like force feeding and DH doesn't feel comfy with that. I'm not really understanding the sippy cup thing either. Is she too young?

Oh yeah and I'm away from her at work for about 5 hours, but she doesn't wake up until I'm home for about an hour so make that 6 hours.

Nope, not too young for a sippy, give it a shot. Lots of babies switch just fine. At 5 months I think you really don't need to worry very much about nipple confusion. What do you think Eme?

What kind of sippy do I try? I'm not worried about nipple confusion, she knows what she wants and it's the real thing, no imposters!

They have these nice slow-flow sippys. When you give it I suggest priming it so it already tastes like milk. I would tell you what kind I bought but its out in the car You want the type that doesn't leak, they have to suck it out, not pour it.

Info on alternate feeding methods and how to bottle-feed a breastfed baby ... lots of ideas on those pages.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)