Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why do you pump?

Default why do you pump?

I am a stay at home mom, so I haven't really found a reason to pump. The times I have pumped, it seems like it ends up being thrown away after the "8-day fridge" limit.

Why do you pump? Work? Painful nursing? So your partner can have an opportunity to feed the baby? For a night out?

Two days ago I decided we should have a storage, just in case.
    ... mama to alasdair jonas, fifteen days late and (finally) born all natural on june 24, 2007.

check out my organic baby goods: www.inkpony.etsy.com
    and coming along with using cloth dipes.yay.

Red face Re: why do you pump?

I pump because my daughter never latched. I will also be returning to work soon and will need to continue to pumping even if she does learn to latch.

Default Re: why do you pump?

Same -- my punkin never latched right. I'd much rather be bf'ing the natural way... it's much less hassle. :P

I pump because I work. I only pump three times a day, and honestly, I don't know how you do it exclusively. I have tremendous respect for people who do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas's Mum View Post
    I pump because I work. I only pump three times a day, and honestly, I don't know how you do it exclusively. I have tremendous respect for people who do it.

I don't know how you do it exclusively. I have tremendous respect for people who do it.
    most definitely. it's hard work and i only pump on occasion.
    ... mama to alasdair jonas, fifteen days late and (finally) born all natural on june 24, 2007.

check out my organic baby goods: www.inkpony.etsy.com
    and coming along with using cloth dipes.yay.

Quote Originally Posted by rosesforlily View Post
    Same -- my punkin never latched right. I'd much rather be bf'ing the natural way... it's much less hassle. :P
    also can't get my little one to do live breastfeeding, pumping all the time is not easy. i agree getting back to all natural bf would be sooo nice and give so much more freedom and time, not to mention the perks of extra cuddle time you get with live bf.

I pump if I want some BM to mix in with food for Haley or to make "mom pops" when she's teething. But I don't do it very frequently because I don't want to mess with my supply too much. I would like to start a very small freezer stash just for an emergency, but I have yet to get around to it.
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

@llli*emama is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I work from home and have a sitter Monday - Thursday. The sitter is a little baffled as to why I work so hard to fill up bottles with BM. "Just use the formula" she says. We do supplement but I try to make sure my LO gets no more than 2 bottles of formula a day max. Some days I'm able to make it an all breast milk day but ever since she started sleeping through the night, my supply is a little lower than before.

Although today was the first day my LO bit down really hard on my nipple. She was in a bad mood and made me almost bleed! I said "that's it!" and gave her 2 oz of formula to finish her off. It's rare that I get fed up with BFing but today was one of those days!

Smile Re: why do you pump?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas's Mum View Post
    It is hard hard hard work...but when I get ready to feed her my milk it is so worth it. I just bring her close to me and hold her to my chest as if I was BFing her the natural way. If this is the closest I get to the natural way...I am okay with that. Just as long as she gets the 'Liquid Gold'!