Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

View Poll Results: Do you do 100% organic foods?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

22 44.00%
  • Every once in a while, but not religiously.

9 18.00%
  • About half 'n' half.

16 32.00%
  • I don't do organics.

3 6.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do yu feed your baby 100% certified organic foods?

Default Re: Do yu feed your baby 100% certified organic foods?

We are not at that point yet but I do plan to go organic as much as possible

Here is a good link for coupons for organics. I thought it may help .....

http://www.grocerycouponguide.com/or...d-coupons.html
    Jennifer

AIM- cuigrl

Proud Mommy to~
    Emma and Ally 3/15/06 (my two little angels in heaven)

Kaylin Ryan born on 6/22/07~ My joy!!!!

Before ML was born, I tried to eat healthy but didn't think too much about organics. If I bought an item that was healthy and organic, I just considered it a bonus. After she was born, I went a little bananas about food - it had to be healthy and organic. When she first started solids, everything I bought for her was organic. I changed our dairy, meats (if/when we have them) and most fruits/veggies over to organic. I also started making most of our meals from scratch and cutting way down on processed foods. It makes me feel good to know that I am doing the best for my family. The only time now that we don't get at least 98% all organics is when we eat out, which is only about once a week. It's hard for me to eat out knowing that the food isn't local, fresh (usually) or organic...
    Mommy to Mary Louise, born 6/28/05, Self weaned at 2 years and 2 months

Mommy to Craig Isaac, born February 16, 2008, Self weaned 3 years and 4 months
    parttime

We do all animal products (except hard cheeses which are very expensive if you buy organic) organic. Other stuff we buy organic like 90% of the time. Especially dirty dozen, we always buy organic. Tomatoes, watermelon, garlic, onions and pasta are some of the things we buy regular.

I wish we could afford organics but we can't so no I don't feed my lo organics. She is almost 6 months and we are just getting started with solids. I don't buy organic stuff for the most part. SOmetimes I do if the price is similar but for the most part no. I do plan on buying hormone free milk when she is old enough to drink milk.

I said yes, because we do as much organic as we possibly can. Sometimes I can't find an organic version of something, so I settle. And when we dine out or at someone else's house, it's obviously not organic. I think doing it as often as I can is still better than not doing it at all, so I don't worry about the occasional non-organic item. (That's sort of my take on crunchiness. Anything I do to be a little more "wholesome" is better than nothing at all. So I do my best to be healthy and "clean," but I don't go around afraid of my own shadow over everything. )
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by excited2bemama View Post
    I wish we could afford organics but we can't so no I don't feed my lo organics. She is almost 6 months and we are just getting started with solids. I don't buy organic stuff for the most part. SOmetimes I do if the price is similar but for the most part no. I do plan on buying hormone free milk when she is old enough to drink milk.
    I found that by cutting out some boxed items from the inner isles and only shopping the outers (meat, dairy, produce) my grocery budget went much farther.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

My LO is 1 year and 2 months and thus far has only had non-organics once - for her 1 year burthday my Mom insisted on getting her a cake and it was a normal store bought cake. It is expensive and often my DH and I do not eat organics so we can afford to feed her all organics but it is well worth it for her.
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

We just started solids, and I am feeding him non-organic foods as the organic ones aren't in our budget.

Reading your posts, it makes me feel as though I may be doing something that could be jeopardizing my LO on down the road by not going organic.

Ashley
    Proud mommy to Michael Evan born May 11, 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdash View Post
    We just started solids, and I am feeding him non-organic foods as the organic ones aren't in our budget.

Reading your posts, it makes me feel as though I may be doing something that could be jeopardizing my LO on down the road by not going organic.

Ashley

DOn't feel that way!!! Like I said I don't feed my lo organics either. Millions of people don't eat organic and they are fine. My mother- who was totally organic everything still died of breast cancer at the age of 48... Its way more important that your lo have a loving family than organic food. Besides pesticides are everywhere in the water and soil.. so even if they don't use them on the crops etc per say that isn't to say there arent still pesticides on things.

ohh and just an example of the why I can't buy organic on most things... I did buy organic spinach this week as it was the same price as regular but organic chicken breast is 9.50 /lb at the local health food store. I buy chicen breasts for 1.77/lb on sale. That is a HUGE difference in my opinion.