Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter Fruits and Citrus Questions...

Default Re: Winter Fruits and Citrus Questions...

If you can't find fresh ... I'm pretty sure I've seen frozen mangos (and all sorts of other fruits) in the freezer case.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Yeah I second the frozen options, over canned (but we do canned pears here too ) I tend to shy away from the cried fruits due to their stickiness. Unless you brush their teeth right away my dentist says thats a big no-no for the little ones... (I tend to listen to him since he's my brother )

brb - baby woke up

~~~~~~~~

back - My DS doesn't care for too many fruits... I've tried citrus but he spits it out and makes his "somthing stinks" face... he liked blueberries for a few days then quit... won't eat them now. Used to lvoe apples, not any more.. its like he just doesn't want ot eat them after a day or two - his all time favs are grapes and banana. he'll never turn those down... I got in too late on the fresh peach action - and he loved those... seemingly w/o waning intrest - but alas they're gone now. :mad

So I'd say as long as D is getting something, you're offering him plenty - I am almost sure of it.

plus - you could look into baked goods that require fruit - that way if he's not oo hot on the fruit frozen or somthing ,eh's still getting it through the baked item
    Last edited by Number3; November 16th, 2007 at 12:01 AM.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Dried fruits have a high sugar content without sugar being added- it's the same as ordinary fruit, then gets concentrated when the water goes when it's dried- so there's more per weight. Then, as dried fruits are quite sticky, the can cling, with their sugar, to little teeth. So although dried fruits are a lovely idea, they should be restricted for the sake of teeth.

My LO is 7 1/2 months (so no citrus, dried fruit, or teeth yet!), and I can't tempt her withf ruit of any sort! We've tried banana (mashed and chunks), apple, pear (mashed and chunks), plum. Don't want to do berries yet as potential allergens. Ditto kiwis. I've got a pineapple, though, and am wondering whether that might be okay. Now, give her a stick of broccoli, and that's another matter....

Can persimmons be eaten raw? Or do you cook them? For some reason I thought they were like figs.

I know there are a wide variety of pears and apples, but was thinking he needs more vitamins from other sources??? He does eat sweet potatoes and yams, so he gets his orange foods.

I just really love all the awesome benefits of mango.

Lyn
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)