Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low milk supply concerns

MoMmY316 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: Low milk supply concerns

when i had aliyah (she was a vertical c-section) i was in so much pain and she had jaundice and had to have the blanket..anyway we had a rough start so i supplemented and dont feel guilty about that i did that till she was 3 or 4 mo. it eased my mind and i didnt stress out about my supply as much stressing out over that will really make it low i think so i got it together and i slowly weaned her off the formula... my point? what ever u do dont stop nursing it will get better i promise, if ur baby is hungry and u think u have nursed and he acts still hungry add 1oz or till he acts content...alot of babys to like to nurse for comfort which is ok it will help build ur supply but like the others said i think ur supply is good if later you actually do need fenugreek u can try i was on that and later added blessed thistle and it helped me good luck and dont give up stick to it

Default Re: Low milk supply concerns

Thank you, all this encouragement sure does help. Especially when everyone around me keeps telling me to just give up and switch to formula completely which I of course do not want to do.

I am so glad I found this forum!
    Amanda

Mommy to my preemie prince Alexander Warren born at 35 weeks 6 days
    on 9/27/07 at 9:02PM Via C-section
    Birth Weight/Length - 5lbs 8oz, 18" long
    Current Weight/Length at 3 years old - 34lbs, 38 inches tall.

Mommy to my little princess Abigail Rose born at 38 weeks 3 days on 11/06/09 @ 6:51PM Via C-section.
    Birth Weight/Length - 6lbs, 19 inches
    Breastfeeding and doing great!