Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how old was your baby? what did he/she eat?

Default how old was your baby? what did he/she eat?

just curious about how old your lo was when he/she first ate solids...and what did you give him/her?
    ... mama to alasdair jonas, fifteen days late and (finally) born all natural on june 24, 2007.

check out my organic baby goods: www.inkpony.etsy.com
    and coming along with using cloth dipes.yay.

Default Re: how old was your baby? what did he/she eat?

First dd - 7 months (she wasn't interested in solids). She hated rice cereal but loved oatmeal. Second dd - a little before 6 months. She was really wanting to eat solids and kept reaching for my food at dinner. Same thing - hated rice cereal but loves oatmeal, pureed veggies and fruits. At 9 months, we are just starting to get interested in finger foods. I still haven't tried any meats, though. I feed her solids twice per day - breakfast and lunch (at dc) or dinner (weekends at home).

Amy

Dd was almost 6 months, she got banana 1st and then avocado. I used to give her solids once a day, then a few weeks later we increased that to 2 or 3 times per day, depending on how often she wanted to eat solids.

DD was almost 6 months and she had natural applesauce. I had tried cereals and she hated all of them and she still does.
    Our blessings from God!
    Kylee was born September, 2006 - 9 lbs. 12 1/2 oz, 21 inches long.
    Kiefer was born January, 2008 - 6 lbs. 14 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.
    He was diagnosed with a severe peanut allergy at 12 1/2 months old. Others later discovered.
    And I am even more blessed by being married to my best friend and the most honorable man I've ever known.

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." - Abraham Lincoln

my last two babies were about 9-12 months old and we started with high iron meats. They realy didn't eat alot of solids untill much older then 12 months.

Rice cereal at 4 MO he loved it.

Banana, cantelope, and sweet potato at 5.5 MO. Hates them all- he's not ready for solids yet.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

9m old when we started. She is just getting more interested at almost 11m now.

First solids at 5.5 months- sweet potato (couldn't have cared less)
    Since then- pears, apple, green beans, broccoli, carrots- loves them all, he's 6 and a bit months now. Still no love for the sweet potato though.

We're doing BLS and he actually eats a surprising amount of what we give him, judging by the lumps in his diapers. He had broccoli on turkey day and I thought he just squished it to pieces and smeared it everywhere untill the next three days diapers were full of broccoli

5.5 months.. apple, pear and banana in a mesh feeder.. (not together- at separate times)
    She will be 6 months sat.. she has had oatmeal and sweet potatoes as well. We do a few spoonfuls of solids every other day or every few days.

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

DD was 6 months when we started her on organic rice cereal and oatmeal mixed with breastmilk. After that it was banana, avocado, squash and sweet potato. She was ready for solids and loves all kinds of foods!

Jessica
    Fancy Momma to the Divine Miss M, 2/15/07 BF'ed for 17 months!
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut