Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: wet diapers...

Default wet diapers...

Ok, I know about the kellymom website, and the section on milk supply and how many diapers etc. but it seems like that is more geared toward younger infants...

My question is what is apropriate output for a 10 mo old who is not really taking solids, so pretty much ebf? Anyone know? Thanks!

Default Re: wet diapers...

Hmm I do not know. I will tell you that I change my 13 month old about every 3 hours when he eats and he is almost always wet. I would say that would be about normal?? How many is dc having?

do you mean every time she goes or every time I change her? kwim? I am sure that I don't change her every time she pees, but I am guessing she goes a couple times (maybe in smaller amounts) and then I change her. She is always wet, but how wet maybe is my question. Are his diapers soaked (heavy) every three hours, or are they just wet in general?

Well... I would say as long as they are wet is the important part. His are pretty wet, we use cloth so you can really tell. Keep in mind that the disposables really suck that moisture away to keep them dry, so dc could be a lot wetter than he appears. Signs that he was dehydrated would be that the urine would be dark in color and have an odor, lack of tears when they cry, dry mouth, also if you push on there finger nails you will see that the pink turns to white and then right back, if that took longer than a few seconds to turn back than they may not be hydrated enough. I think that is called the capillary reflex?