Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You WON'T Breastfeed!!

Default You WON'T Breastfeed!!

I'm sorry ladies I don't know where to put this but I need to vent!

Ok so I am mad!!! I am almost 6 month pregnant w/ baby #2. Making BFing work this time around is very important to me! Well tonight I was talking to my Mom and was saying that for Halloween Erick(dh) will just take Maya(dd) Trick or Treating since I will have a newborn and be BFing. She said flat out to me "You will not breastfeed!!!" WTH?!!! She said Sarah it will be too hard to BF and take care of Maya. I was pissed! I told her if she can't be supportive then don't say anything at all!! I am so mad!! Thanks for listening. Oh and I am attending LLL meetings already to get some support!

Default Re: You WON'T Breastfeed!!

I think you said the right thing. Its hard when its your own mother!
    Keeping going to meetings! Make sure you have a older kid safe place to nurse.
    We used our bedroom, my 2 year old couldn't get out! WE also had a gate between the kitchen and the living room that helped my older one couldn't get into the kitchen to make a mess.
    The more mettings you go to the more helpfull hints you will pick up.
    Breastfeeding is much less work then bottles and formula!

Sorry but I have to laugh a bit at this reasoning. When my last child was born I had six more at home to care for! I didn't have time not to breastfeed.

The other bonus was since we breastfed and cloth diapered the entire family spent a week in Disneyland that year completely paid for by the money we saved by not buying formula, bottles and extra doctor visits.

I would be scared not to breastfeed with other children in the home because breastfeeding makes sure that the newborn's needs are met first and also protects them from all the icky kid germs from the other kids.

Good for you for attending meetings. Hopefully you will be able to look back and have a good laugh over this in a few months.

momuvseven

Your Mother is full of it. LOL

My son was born 2/27/04 and I just had our second baby 2/6/06. So our kids will be similar in ages. I breastfeed just fine! There is plenty of things for my son to do while I am feeding the baby. Jeepers. Its not that complicated.

Go for it! You can do it!

Sometimes moms and other well wishers can mean well when they say things that can be hurtful! Good for you for going to LLL meeting. I am so glad that you are finding some support.

Thanks ladies! I really needed to hear the positive stories! And get this! My mom BF'd me for 6 months!!!!

ROFL thank your mom for giving me a good laugh, will ya? My son is 10 months old and I am 32 weeks pregnant with his brother. If YOU can't breastfeed, then someone should make a LAW against ME doing so!!! ROFFFLLLLL!!!!

I had to laugh! It would it be fine if she said you shouldn't, but WON'T!! She got some nerves.

The first few months I barely got any time to cook, clean or even go to the bathroom. Do you think I would it like to be mixing formula and washing bottles, especially during night time? Heck no!

Also like momuvseven said, with more kids around more reason to BF. I partially BF my first one and when there's a bug going around the only one I worry about getting sick is my first one not the baby.

Gotta say...that made me chuckle. People are so crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_ohio
    Breastfeeding is much less work then bottles and formula!
    I totally agree!!! My DD is 21 months old and DS is just 9 weeks. I was not successful BFing DD and I can tell you that from my experience BFing is the way to go as far as convience. Not to say there are not challanges with BFing, obviously, but I don't know how I'd manage right now toting after DD and packing all of the odds and ends that go along with FFing. Not to mention getting up in the middle of the night to prepare formula or heat a bottle- that's precious time for sleep that I just don't want to waste. Not to mention the extra money. Maybe after some thought your mom will re-evaluate her opinon.

Stick to your guns hon, get all the info. and advice you can handle and you'll do just fine!