Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I am done!!

Default I am done!!

SO I am not going to pump anymore at work... I bring my pump incase I have to... but the last two days I haven't. I just pumped when I get home... and I still was able to get him enough for the next day...sometimes more....

I haven't been sucessfully lately pumping at work... I dunno... I sit there for 15 mins to get 2-3 oz (BOTH BREAST). When I pump at home and get 8-9 oz in 15 mins...

what do you think
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Default Re: I am done!!

here's my experience when I was a pumper. I remember trying to cut down on pumps and initially thinking WOW look at all this milk, then within three days or so my supply diminished and I was bummed. I think if you could keep that one or maybe two pumps a day at work it would be beneficial regardless of the amount you get. Maybe you are more comfortable at home and that's why you have a greater supply but my honest guess is that its just regulating its new demand or lack there of. I hated pumping so I know what your going through. If I saw a drop in supply within the next few days I would pack the pump to work... HTH...BTW I cant believe your little man is 4 months I remember when you joined and he was a wee infant....so cool.
    kate
    My little May baby just turned THE BIG ONE!
    Formally known as kaykate23

I feel your pain. There are days when I ask my husband, would you think less of me if I quit and went the formula route? He always says no, but the problem is that I would think less of me. I'm not a quitter and as hard as it is to find time at work to get the pumping done, the more at peace I am when I'm feeding my little one the nutrients she needs to stay healthy. So here is a funny for you. My boss is a big wig. I work for a very large company and he is the CEO. He has a private bathroom in his office. He travels a lot so I find that his bathroom is the most private, peaceful place to go to get my pumping done. The good news is he does not use the bathroom because he thinks it's weird, so I think, hey it will serve my purpose. He comes back into town and asks me if I know of anyone that has been using his bathroom. I ask why and he says, well there are magazines on the floor and dishsoap in the sink, I'm wondering if someone is having a party in there. Can I tell you how embarrassed I was when I told him that I was using his bathroom to pump my baby's milk! Way too much info for my boss!

Anyways, try to make time to get it done. I notice that when I don't get 2 pumps in during the day that my supply does start to taper off. Lately I've had to add a 5th pumping to my routine to keep up with lo. I was doing 4 in a 24 hour period. It's getting harder, but I refuse to quit!

Not what you want to hear, but don't stop.

From everyone Iknow that cut out sessions, supply was soon dropping.

Good luck!
    Kat

SAHM mom to Richard, born 6/6/07 at 8 pounds, now 27!

Wife to Michael for 13 years

Man, you're right not what I wanted to hear...thought I had my miracle for God concerning pumping... instead He sent me here to get wisdom for the experience ladies. I new it was too good to be true. Well thanks... no work tomorrow, so I will be back on the schedule on Monday!!!

The reason why you yeilded so much was because your breasts were "full". Well, when a lot of milk is left in the breast for a longer period of time, it tells the milk producing cells in the breast to slow down production. The truth is, you would likely be ahead of the game for a few days, then your overall milk production will begin to decline. If you could pump at least one time a day, it would benefit your production greatly. It sounds like that is what you decided, already, but I just wanted to give you a little bit more info to keep you going. You've come this far, you can do it!

Ok, so new problem... my tubing has mildew!! it start out 1 little dot, now it's more of them.... how in the world am I suppose to keep my supply going until I get new tubing (have to order of internet)? I know how to hand pump, but can i really get 20 oz for the next day by hand pumping!!! It takes me 4 -5 sessions to get that w/ the pump!!!

uggg. sorry to hear that. Can you buy a temporary manual pump just to maintain your supply. If you are good at hand pumping then go for it.
    My little May baby just turned THE BIG ONE!
    Formally known as kaykate23

Now that's a good question.... it won't hurt if I try, but I tried flushing it with hot water, and that didn't work... going to try brb.

ok gonna start a new post since this is different