Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What time does your baby go to sleep at night?

Question What time does your baby go to sleep at night?

My baby goes to sleep at 11pm every night, no matter how much I tried to get her to go to sleep earlier, she just won't!
    I don't have any problem with it except that I read babies should go to sleep like at 7pm ( my LO's last nap is around 8pm, only for 30 minutes ... ).
    She goes for 6 hours, then nurses for 15 minutes and back to sleep for another 3 hours, which works perfect for us 'cause we go to sleep at around midnight.
    What time does your baby go to sleep at night? does my routine sound normal to you?
    thanks ladies!

Default Re: What time does your baby go to sleep at night?

"Whatever works" is my sleep motto. My kids are the early to bed early to rise types, but if you and your LO are getting the rest you need then I wouldn't change anything.
    Katie
    Just one more fanatical cloth diaper convert...
    Mom to Morgan (01/10/04) and Zachary (07/12/06)
    What are M & Z up to now?

My LO just goes to sleep whenever she does. We try to get her to sleep as early as possible, but then if I fall asleep, im more irritable when I have to wake up at 12 to nurse her...generally she goes to bed around 11 or 12....just depends on how fussy or awake she is...or how bad she's fighting sleep. We've noticed recently she has my stubbornness because she will fight sleep sooooooo hard, and her eyes are closing...but she just will not rest...lol...

ill just be so glad when she starts sleeping for longer periods of time, so maybe I can get a good nap in in between feedings...

8pm...up at 4:30am for a snack then up around 7:30am for good. He had a short spurt where he slept all night, that last about 3 weeks!
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

My 9 month old LO has two naps in the day, at 10 am (usually and hour) and at 2pm (another hour).....so by 7pm he is worn out...(crawls ALL DAY LONG) so at 7:30 he is sleeping!!!! it`s great for us because we usually go to bed at 10pm...so it gives us a couple hours to be with my DH.....

The downside is that he is up and about and happy...rested at 6am!!! ha ha...but then again we are early birds too....

Anyway he still wakes up to nurse about 1-2 times....
    Karina, Neonatal Nurse, mother to Martin, born at 33 weeks 02/11/2007...
    I love ...... .....my baby loves it

I relactated....IT CAN BE DONE!!!

I also love
    Tried to

Cries as soon as it's dark (which isn't much fun now with the time change!). So he's definately in bed asleep at 7pm, wakes at 4am for a feeding, then up at 7-7:30am!!!

I love the schedule he's chosen.

When my DD was younger she went to bed about any time between 10-12 but usually didn't wake up until 8:00 am or if she did only once. She did this from about 3 weeks until about 6 or 7 months. (I know I WAS spoiled. but at about 3 months she started to wake 2-3 times for about a month)

Now at 14 months she goes to bed at 830-9:00 and sleeps until 7:00-8:00. And naps for 2-3 hours in the afternoon. She started this around 7 or 8 months or so.

Like others said what ever works for you as long as your little one is not to tired let her stay up. If she is young she might start to go to bed earlier as she gets older, since they seem to sleep a little less during the day they need to make up for it at night. My niece however always went down around 10 and got up at 7 but it worked for them. So I wouldn't worry.
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.

Typically she falls asleep between 8:30 and 9:00 most nights. I get up at about 6am, sometimes she wakes up with me, other times she sleeps. The latest she's "slept in" lately has been 8:30 am. She wakes up 2-5 times a night, but I barely wake up for the nursing session since we co-sleep.

She typically takes multiple cat naps (10 min or so each) throughout the day, and a single 2 hour nap that had been in the late afternoon, but she's changing it up on me now I think - she took her good 2 hour nap late morning/early afternoon today.

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07