Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: (MI) Pumping laws at work--PLEASE HELP!!!

Default (MI) Pumping laws at work--PLEASE HELP!!!

I am back to work after having my 3rd child. Before, I always had a full paycheck, including any breaks. Now, my paycheck is short because I am pumping during breaks rather than having a snack. Does anyone know if there are any laws in the State of Michigan regarding pumping at work? This is upsetting to me and seems like I am being discouraged against nursing my new baby. What does anyone else know about this?

Default Re: (MI) Pumping laws at work--PLEASE HELP!!!

are you clocking out during your breaks to pump, because i know in cali. i dont clock out to pump just use my 15 min to pump and go back to work. you are allowed 15 in every 4 hours paid for and 30 min lunch for every 6 hours unpaid or paid depending on employer. but you should be paid for your breaks HTH

I don't punch out, but I never did before either. This seems unfair. They never even said that they weren't going to pay me, they just started taking it out!!

I found this site. You may want to do some more research on it. Or, maybe someone else has the link for all of the state bf laws. I think I say one of the LLL leaders post it before.

http://www.michigan.gov/dleg/0,1607,...7201--,00.html

Really, if they give employees a break, it should not matter what the employee is doing with that time (snack or pumping).
    Mom to Lainey (11-8-06)

yep think I would be talking to someone about that because it is completly unfair. You should be able to do whatever you wish with your break

I suggest you talk to the HR manager and discuss your concerns. It really sounds unfair.

Gabe and Jacob's Nanay

Gabe born on September 07, 2004

Jacob born on May 29, 2007