Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: when did you start regular cup?

Default when did you start regular cup?

I was wondering when we can start giving a regular cup to babies? DD can actually drink in a sippy cup but she prefers to drink from a spoon since it seems to go faster...
    DD1 for 9mo and DD2 for almost 12mo
    (using a Hotsling, ringsling, and Chimparoo but my favourite one is a Mei Tai)

Default Re: when did you start regular cup?

my son is 10 months and he will drink out of a regular cup, but only if I help him hold it. He loves to take sips out of my cup (of water of course)
    If I let him hold his own plastic cup he spills it, so I dont think he is ready to hold his own. He holds his own sippy cup and will drink from it though.

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

We started giving ds a open cup around 14 months, mainly at the dinner table. We would just put a few drops of water...so it would be easier to clean up.

We also would remind ds to use both hands and go s-l-o-w......he still says slow when he picks up his cup.

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by hlstevens View Post
    my son is 10 months and he will drink out of a regular cup, but only if I help him hold it. He loves to take sips out of my cup (of water of course)
    If I let him hold his own plastic cup he spills it, so I dont think he is ready to hold his own. He holds his own sippy cup and will drink from it though.
    DS also loves to take sips from my cup. So at around 9.5 mo I started giving him his own (I help him hold it). Now, about 1 week shy of 11m, he is able to hold his own plastic cups, but I put very little water at a time.