Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Does fengreek work?

Default Does fengreek work?

I have noticed a slight dip in supply the past couple weeks. Not a lot, but an example is, I usually get about 6 oz at my 10am pumping session and now I'm lucky to get 4.5-5 oz. Let down seems slower too. Does this seem normal? DD is 9 1/2 mos. I haven't had AF yet, either. If I start taking fengreek will that help? I exclusively nurse on the weekends.

My work day schedule is:
    6:45am nurse one side and pump the other
    10am pump
    lunchtime nurse
    3pm pump
    5:30 or 6pm nurse
    8pm nurse

This has been my schedule since I returned to work when DD was 4 months old. It was good until recently. Should I add a pumping session?
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Feeling like a and lovin' it!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000
    DS 2/25/03 Always making me laugh!
    DD 1/23/07 Loves to Breastfed 15 months with no end in sight!

Default Re: Does fengreek work?

Many women have success with fenugreek. However before taking any supplement I suggest you first consider consulting your dr to make sure it is compatible with you.
    At 9 months you have come very far! Adding a pumping session in would be great if you can do so.

What time do you go to bed? how would an evening pump session work for you? In order to get your milk supply up a knotch you will need to remove more milk from the breast regularly. Keep in mind you will need a week or so before you see results, you body needs to adjust.

Have you tried bringing in some baby clothes to smell -to help trigger a letdown? That might work...

Thanks. I'll pump before bed tonight. I don't have her clothes, but I do look at a picture of her and then try to close my eyes and visualize her nursing. I used to get let down fairly quickly, but now it takes a while.

This weekend, I'm going to be away from her over night for the first time. DH and I are going away Fri, Sat, and returning Sun. I will be taking my pump. Will I be ok if I pump the same amount of time I nurse or pump now?
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000

Pumping during the same times as nursing will help. However, no pump can duplicate the effectiveness of a baby. A pump is just suction, a baby is compression and suction. When you pump do you use breast compressions?

So i am wondering about your travel plans. Are you aware that any prolonged separation from your baby can be a bit traumatic? Babies have a very high need to be with you at this age. Is there any way you could bring your baby with you?

While away on a trip without your baby I highly recommend throwing in a pumping session or two. Considering how much you will need to pump it really might be easier to adjust your travel plans?

My baby will be with my mom, who is my babysitter when I'm working. So, they are very accustomed to eachother. Although, I know my mom is not me, she's the next best thing. So I'm not worried.

I can't take the baby with me, because the whole point to to have some much needed time alone with my hubby. He has really been looking forward to this and honestly so have it.

I will pump, pump, pump. I'm prepared to do it and I'll do more if I have to.
    Thanks! )
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000