Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: veggie suggestions

Default veggie suggestions

What kind of veggies do your los like? I need some suggestions for ds. He doesn't like to be fed so it has to be something he can feed himself. So far he'll only eat avocados and he doesn't like broccoli, potatoes, green beans, or carrots most of the time.

Default Re: veggie suggestions

Zucchini and green beans are my son's favorites.

Jack'sMum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

DS loves squash, sweet potato and parsnip.

DS loves sweet potato... and thats about it right now, I have to mix other veggies with the sweet potato so he'll eat them, other wise he coughs and gags and gets it out of his mouth as quick as he can!

I'd say try again with broccoli, or try cauliflower, because a nice "tree" in his hand is SO the easiest thing for him to feed himself. Lots of other veggies are slippery.
    Anything you can cut to be roughly the same size (and shape) as an adult finger is good for him to do for himself, maybe powdered lightly with some baby cereal to stop the stickiness a bit.

I take potato, sweet potato, or anything I have that's turned out a little thick (I steam the veggies) and roll it into little balls (or use a small melon baller), and coat it with wheat germ. LO loves these for self feeding. They can be frozen too, just be sure to thoroughly unthaw for eating.

Quote Originally Posted by I've a Grey Eyed Baby View Post
    I take potato, sweet potato, or anything I have that's turned out a little thick (I steam the veggies) and roll it into little balls (or use a small melon baller), and coat it with wheat germ. LO loves these for self feeding. They can be frozen too, just be sure to thoroughly unthaw for eating.
    what a great idea! i'm going to try this to sneak in more vegetables.
    Jean
    proud mama to ds, born 8/3/06, 11 lbs 14 oz, 24", now 35 lbs, 35", self-weaned at 20 months
    expecting baby boy #2 on 7/21/08, hoping for a VBAC