Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Amusing

Default Amusing

When dropping my daughter off at day care this morning the new assistant teacher in her room (infant room) asked me when I planned to stop BF. When I told her that I wasn't planning a time to wean she had a completely confused look on her face. I started to explain that when DD decided it was time to wean then I would stop, but did not plan to encourage weaning unless DD was about to start school and was still BF. I started putting DD's bottles of ebm in the fridge and could see the assistant teacher counting on her fingers. She then looked at me and said "But won't she be around 5 then?" I answered yes and she asked "but won't she be hungry all the time?". I giggle to myself and explained that DD would also eat others foods too (she takes soft solids @ DCP already). I just though that this was cute, I know she thinks I am a totally hippy-nut (we cloth diaper, co-sleep, BF, don't CIO, and I make DD's food) and I am sure that this reafirmed it to her.
    Amanda Mom to James (2/25/04) and nursling Alice (8/24/05)

Default Re: Amusing

Let her be amused, you know what's better for your kids anyway. Maybe in a future she'll end-up doing the same or wishing she had.

How funny! I wonder how many people think that breastfed babies/children don't eat other food... This would actually explain some behavior and comments I've witnessed in the passed.

I had a similar thing said to me when going for a place at night school by the head of nursing when asked how will the girls get on without me breast feeding them as I cannot bring them into night school with me and she seemed genuine amazed when I said the girls did it food as she asked me if I was going to wean them onto food before I began, by the way the gilrs are 2years and 8 month old twins