Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: milk supply almost gone!

Exclamation milk supply almost gone!

hello-
    i have been pumping since the first of april. i had a lot of problems with breastfeeding before i learned that one of my nipples was damaged and unable to feed off of. my daughter is almost 5mos. over the last few months of pumping my supply has fluctuated here and there -but i am very worried now that it has decreased and isnt going to come back. last week i was 4-5 bottles ahead and tonight i had to dethaw a bag inorder to feed her before bed!! ive been trying to increase my supply by pumping more frequently -in 1-2 hour intrevals. but it doesnt seem to be helping much and i dont know what to do. if i wasnt pumping at night while she was asleep i wouldnt even be able to keep up with her demands.
    can someone please help!!
    thank you
    kitty

Default Re: milk supply almost gone!

I've heard that Fenugreek (an herb) can help increase milk supply. It may be worth asking a lactation consultant about. Also, could it be that your pump is not working as effectively as it used to? Just a thought....

Default Re: milk supply almost gone!

thank you for the suggestion. i dont think that there is a problem with the pump ive only had it since april and it was purchased new -the medela instyle. everything sounds and feels the same as far as the pump itself goes. plus i can feel the difference in my breast -they feel lighter.

thanks
    kitty