Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Lanolin and Laundry?

Default Lanolin and Laundry?

I am breastfeeding, and when faced with nipple problems have used Lanisoh Lanolin for relief.

When I was first using it I hardly wore clothes, and had soft shells... but now that I am more active and using nursing pads I have a new problem.

I love my washable cloth pads, but I cannot get the lanolin residue out of them! I am worried about it growing bacteria, plus it's just plain icky feeling.

Can anyone Help?

Default Re: Lanolin and Laundry?

I'm not sure about how to deal with the re-useable pads in the laundry, but maybe you could use disposables for a little while until you don't need the lanolin. I found that I only really needed it for a couple weeks and then my nipples weren't quite so sore. By the time she was 6-8 weeks old, I don't think I used any lanolin (still have a huge tube sitting in my bathroom...will give to my cousin before she gives birth in October...LOL).

Don't know if this helps, but just an idea.

maybe boil them?

I am glad you brought that up because I didn't even know to look for it.

Thanks for the replies! I have tried the disposable, but find them uncomfy and expensive. I am one of those over abundant milk producers and even 3 months into BF I still have to change pads every couple hours, I still sleep on a towel and go through a lot of shirts!

Boiling... that could be worth a shot. I'll let you know how it turns out.