Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: VIA storage by Avent

Default VIA storage by Avent

What's the story on these? How are they different than bottles? Will they work witth a MedelaPIS if I have a conversion kit? I currently pump into Avent bottles w/ the conversion kit, but I don't have many and would like to eliminate the step of pumping into bags first, then pouring into bottles. Are these worth a try?

Default Re: VIA storage by Avent

I guess the VIA containers are cheaper compared to the bottles, therefore are more suitable to be used for storage. I bought a box of 10s, and THEN I realized that they can only be used 3 times. So you need to work out the maths to see if they are worth buying. They arent to me coz I dont keep a lot of freezer stash anyway.

I dont own a PIS so I dont know if the VIA will work with it.

I have the VIA system and yes, the package says they can only be used three times, but I think that's silly. It's likely a giant CYA (cover your a**). There is no reason they should be discarded after three uses. I've been using mine for amonth with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by faerieprncs View Post
    I have the VIA system and yes, the package says they can only be used three times, but I think that's silly. It's likely a giant CYA (cover your a**). There is no reason they should be discarded after three uses. I've been using mine for amonth with no issues.

If they start to look worn at all I'd recycle them, though.
    No idea if they work with the PIS.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

I used these exclusively with dd1 and freezer stash. I ran into some problems with dd2, though. One thing was my freezer stash stayed in the freezer longer and some got freezer burn - doesn't happen with the bags as you can get more air out. Another thing was I dropped one accidentally from the freezer and the plastic cup broke - waste of good EBM. Third thing - sometimes those caps are hard to close properly and I would notice I didn't get a good seal sometimes. If these are the same plastic cup things with blue lids that I'm thinking about - they don't directly connect to PISA. If these are not the storage cups you are referring to, please disregard the above

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by mollyb View Post

If they start to look worn at all I'd recycle them, though.
    No idea if they work with the PIS.
    There is a conversion kit thing that you can buy...and then you can pump directly into the cups with a PIS.

you mentioned that you pump directly into avent bottles with a conversion kit. i do the same. the conversion kit came with 4 rings. 2 for the bottles and 2 for the VIAs. if you still have the rest of your conversion kit, those other 2 rings fit the VIA bottles, so that you can pump directly into that.