Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: biting help

Default biting help

I know Owen isn't quite 1, but I feel his biting is "older" - I sound crazy , what I mean is that he seems to be doing it a his way of ending each side, and I think toddler biting help is probably more appropriate. He is clamping down as he pulls back, then smiling and laughing!

help !
    Allie, moma to Owen born 11/23/2006 and breast feeding ever since. .

No time for flash cards! ~fun and learning for toddlers and preschoolers.

Default Re: biting help

maybe it is an "Owen thing" as mine has done the same recently (hence my location). It is almost as if he is trying to "turn off" the nipple so no more milk comes out. I hope that he gets over this soon. There is nothing that I have tried to make him stop that works. He does not do it all the time, just sometimes, and my right nipple is paying a dear price!

Why didn't they have that in the baby name book under Owen?

Is he a biter in general?

Mine is .

he does bite, I always attributed it to teething, but maybe it is his name! I would like to think that we will outgrow this phase soon...please God...

I think we should write in to Baby name wizard to let put a warning on the name.

At least I am not alone!

My David (14 mos) went through a biting thing around the time he turned one. Two things helped, and I hope they help you: (1) as hard as it is, try not to react at all to the bite. I think sometimes they do it to get a reaction (even a negative one), so if you don't react, they aren't "rewarded", and (2) try to let DS hold a toy or security object while he is nursing. Once I started letting David hold something while nursing, he became more interested in that and less interested in biting.

Hope that helps!