Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm really irritated

Default Re: I'm really irritated

First time post, but I've been "lurking" for quite some time...Finally really needed to add something!

It seems those comments always come from people who ff their babies. I have never had the guts to say it out loud, but I've always wanted to say "Is your baby still on the bottle? Well, then what's wrong with my baby still being on the breast?!" Why is it acceptable to give a baby a bottle until they are 2, but bfing an infant past a couple of months is "STILL? How much longer are you going to do THAT?"

Some friend. I wouldn't want to go on any vacation with someone like that! I'd tell her to jump in a lake and find someone else to go along.

Hi-new here, but had to respond. I encountered this with my son a few times, and am sure to get it again with my daughter. My thing is nobody makes comments when they see a 1-2 or even 3 yr old sucking on a bottle, but if it's a breast, then it's a big deal!!!! I have always told those who made comments that yes, I'm still breastfeeding and will continue to do so until my baby decides otherwise!!!!

Jenn