Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: HELP getting Toddler to nurse with New Baby

Question HELP getting Toddler to nurse with New Baby

It is a long story, but my milk dried up 3 months after I found out I was pregnant, Celeste was 10 months when we gave up. Celeste never had great milk since I retained a piece of Placenta for 12 weeks after she was born (even longer story ). She would hit, scream and bite when I dried up, it was devastating. The new baby turned 3 months Friday the 20th. I have tried everything to get Celeste to nurse again: watching me nurse, tried to nurse her when she was tired, sleeping, a friend who is nursing her 3 year old came over and they showed her, lay with my shirt off,get it out whenever she asks and I am sure a few things I cannot think of right now. Sometimes she licks me and runs off, and today she got a full latch... too bad I had a sweater on and we were sitting in the dentist chair . Does anyone out there have any new and potentially brilliant ideas???

Thanks ahead of time

Default Re: HELP getting Toddler to nurse with New Baby

its kinda like that camel... you can lead it to the water but you cann't make it drink.
    maybe one of the leader will jump in with some ideas..
    I realy don't have any.. the only plus that I see is if she is not nursing then you don't have to battle her to wean.
    My 3rd was about 15 months old when I got pg with my 4th. He just weaned himself and we never did tandom nurse.
    He asked once and I said well that's just for the baby and he was fine with that.
    My 4th is now a happy 21/2 year old and I just think when my phillip was that age I all ready had another baby.. wow.!

If you have a pump, try to pump a little for her. Then when you give it to her tell her its yummy mommy milk from mommy boobies. If she enjoys the taste maybe she would be willing to take the breast again.

I think too what HBSMomma said was perfect... I know a friend of mine wanted her toddler to try to nurse again and he had NO interest....
    but I would try what HBSmomma said she has a valid point and even if she drinks it from a cup.. she also might like it cold....
    Don't give up.

Ok I Guess I Have Tried It All... She Still Asks For It, I Get One Out, She Tells Me "no No" And Pulls My Shirt Down. I Guess The Hope Is Gone, I Will Continue To Accomidate Her Wishes As She Still Needs To Feel As Important As The Baby But I Have Tried It All And Have No Regrets Other Than That Doctor!!
    Thanks For The Suggestions:d