Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Need a pep talk

Default Need a pep talk

DD is now 10 months old & we have passed our old goal of 6 months. I really want to make it to a year, which is only 2 months away. But I am so tired of pumping. I just don't want to do it any more. I have been fighting with low supply since day one and frankly I am just getting tired. DD doesn't eat much solids, so I know we are a ways off from her being fully weaned. I am just so frustrated.

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

Default Re: Need a pep talk

V-YOU CAN DO THIS!! You have come this far, don't give up now!! I know it can be annoying, tiring and just plain a pain in the behind, but it is soooo worth it!! You only have a couple more months!!! GO V, GO V, GO V, GO V!!! I know I get so sick of pumping and I'll look at the clock at work and just be like UUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH, but then I think, ok I'll go pump, then I can come back and check the forums or do something that I really want to do! I do something to "reward" myself. Do you have an electric pump? For me, it's just hard getting up and doing it! Once I start, I'm ok...then I am sooooo glad that I did! Look at how healthy and happy your precious baby girl is!! That's all bc of you mama and your LIQUID GOLD!! Hang in there!!!!
    Betsy
    mama to:
    N 5/03
    J 6/07

OH THANK HEAVENS! I am not the only one in almost the exact same situation! I have been pumping for almost 10 mos too. I unwisely (wish I had gone month to month) set my goal at 12 mos and I have this battle within to keep going the last 2 months and then on the other side I am just EXHAUSTED of pumping.
    Every month I need someone to pep talk me, but it only helps temporarily. I dont think family/friends understand what a committment it has been for the last (almost) 10 months.It takes a lot of dedication.
    My twins are super good at eating solids, and frankly are not great drinkers. I think they are down to about 12oz a day each. I have gotten really lazy with pumping the last couple days (only pumping like 4 times - usually do 6x).
    I am totally willing to help each other out through these last 2 months if we choose to keep going. Part of me feels like only pumping a few times a day and supplementing, but the other part of me cries inside thinking i am not giving them all my milk. Know what I mean????
    Email me if you want - jvelicer@charter.net
    Might help to talk about it. ~ Jill

You can do this!
    Only a couple more months, it is only a flash in time of your baby's life, but so important. FWIW my DD wasn't taking solids all that well at that age either, but during the first part of her second year she really improved. I was able to hang up the pump at around 13 mos. or so and she drinks cow/soy milk or water during the day.
    Can you get some good reading material to look at while you're pumping? Trashy mags?
    Good luck!!!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

I'm with you - I'm at 8.5 months of pumping at work and I just look at the time and the pump and think UUUGGGHH, not AGAIN already?!?!? I so look forward to weekends when I can just nurse and ditch the pump except right before bed. I barely get enough for dd at dc, but I keep pumping, and pumping, . . .

I feel your pain sister!

Amy

Thanks Ladies!

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06