Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Flavourings for 8.5-month old's food?

Default Flavourings for 8.5-month old's food?

DS is starting to poo-poo things he was interested in before. Anything allergy-safe I can add to his food ato give it little zip/fun/taste?
    Thanks!
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

Default Re: Flavourings for 8.5-month old's food?

Nora likes a little garlic powder (not garlic salt) added to her brocolli sometimes. I also put a little parmesan cheese on her pasta sometimes and she loves that. I use all kinds of herbs when I cook, too- rosemary, basil, thyme, etc.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by NorasMommy View Post
    Nora likes a little garlic powder (not garlic salt) added to her brocolli sometimes. I also put a little parmesan cheese on her pasta sometimes and she loves that. I use all kinds of herbs when I cook, too- rosemary, basil, thyme, etc.
    Also, Mrs. Dash has some wonderful msg/salt free seasonings in a wide variety of flavors.
    ~Brandi~

Loving wife to K
    Proud stepmom to B, and proud mom to J and R-A
    and our newest addition C

Happily homeschooling
    Still and and

Ask me about Parkinson's Disease! Visit me at Life With Shaky!

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

Does the same rule apply when introducing herbs, ie. waiting to see if they have a reaction?

Andrea, I think you read my mind today- I was just about to ask a similar question, so thanks!

Jessica
    Fancy Momma to the Divine Miss M, 2/15/07 BF'ed for 17 months!
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut

I didn't wait for allergic reactionswith the herbs, but after the first month or so I wasn't really being strict about that with any of her food.

We don't have any history of allergy in our family, though, so I wasn't too worried about it.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Great question! Was going to ask the same thing.
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda's Mom View Post
    Andrea, I think you read my mind today- I was just about to ask a similar question, so thanks!
    Matilda and Laith must be experiencing the same blah-food feeling. And I just noticed they're only 5 days apart in age!
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

I have been wondering the same thing...I came across this article recently, although I don't agree with what they said about peanut butter...it's got some interesting points.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9646449/
    Mama to Evan Born February 1st 2007 Breastfeeding for a year...thinking of weaning
    Wife to my Best Friend KR