Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dark circles aroud ds's eyes

Default dark circles aroud ds's eyes

why does my ds have dark circles around his eyes. could he possibly be missing some nutrient? shouldnt he be getting enough sleep. what else can cause this? it worries me. he seems healthy otherwise. sometimes i just worry that he might not be getting something important because my diet isnt as healthy as it should be. my main question- what would cause dark circles around an almost 4 month old baby's eyes??

Default Re: dark circles aroud ds's eyes

You know, ds had dark circles under his eyes for the longest time. He is fine and they are gone now. We never did figure out what was causing them. Some people thought they were caused by environmental allergies. Well, turns out he has no allergies. Thankfully.
    I would mention at his next well baby checkup. Otherwise, if there is no other sign of illness, I`d think he is fine.
    Maybe, someone comes along with experience...

Mommy to a busy toddler

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep in order to gain that which he cannot lose."
    Jim Elliot

DD#1 had this forever. When she was about 2 years old I took her to the doctor to have a physical and asked the doc what was up. EVERYONE used to give me a hard time about it. Even my own family would accuse me of not letting her sleep. Or they would say there must be "problems" at home. Well, they all shut their big fat holes once the doctor assured me that it was normal, and she was/is perfectly FINE. He said the skin around the eyes is much thinner...and since her skin is so pale...you could "see right through it." So, it caused her to look like she had "bags" under her eyes. When really she didn't!

HTH!

my dd has them too. She gets plenty of sleep. I assume that they are heriditary because I have them too. People alwys say that she has my eyes, which is hilarious because i know they mean my dark circles (our eyes are different colors!).

I agree that if your LO seems fine otherwise, it's probably nothing. One other possiblity is that it is allergy-related. In kids with allergies, dark circles under the eyes are often referred to as "allergic shiners". Other things to be looking for are a runny/stuffy nose and rubbing his eyes or nose. I certainly wouldn't worry about it but you could mention it at his next appt.

MY son had them as a baby, he had a little bit of low iron I just gave him polyvisol drops. I don't know if the two were related or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mcat View Post
    MY son had them as a baby, he had a little bit of low iron I just gave him polyvisol drops. I don't know if the two were related or not.
    speaking of vitamin drops, i started some tri vi sol drops yesterday, and i think he had a reaction of some sort to an ingredient, i am calling th pedi tomorrow.

Something for you here.. you can visit this web site http://www.mydarkcirclesblog.com . This blog provides quite number of information about dark circles including some video clips on how to conceal dark circles, home remedies and eye cream reviews. Quite informative though. You can probably start with natural ways to reduce dark circles http://www.mydarkcirclesblog.com/200...-eyes-circles/

Quote Originally Posted by Danismommy07 View Post
    my dd has them too. She gets plenty of sleep. I assume that they are heriditary because I have them too. People alwys say that she has my eyes, which is hilarious because i know they mean my dark circles (our eyes are different colors!).
    I was going to ask if either you or DH had circles under your eyes. My dd1 has them occasionally for no reason, but so does DH. I think it can be hereditary.

Here is a great free eye serum for dark circles that I found recently ( for US only though). You can get Hydroderm Eye Serum Anti-Aging Eye Complex (http://www.freeproductssample.com/hy...m-trial-offer/) value $60 Free with only $3.6 for S/H.
    And if you have wrinkles, Hydroderm Patented Anti Aging Free Trial ( http://www.freeproductssample.com/hy...ng-free-trial/ ) would be a good choice as well.