Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did you start cycling again

Default Re: When did you start cycling again

The day before his first birthday party! I've had three now and they've been really regular. Funny because, before I had a baby, they were pretty erratic! Since my periods returned, I've had a lot of ups and downs emotionally - more down than up actually. Some really low downs. Anyone else had that? Not trying to hijack the thread, just wondering!
    Emma

J from Aug '06 to Nov '08 and S from April 2009

After baby #1, first period at 14 mos ppd.
    After baby #2, first period at 11 mos ppd.
    After baby #3, first period at 20.5 mos ppd!!!
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

it returned at 6 months. i enjoyed it's absence while it lasted.

My DS was 16 months when I had a sort of period last month. He's just 17 months now, it's been 32 days since and no repeat period. So, yeah, I don't really know what's up with my body! And no real big change in his nursing habits...still nurses frequently during the day and a few times at night!

So yeah, I was lucky to be free of it for so long. But we want to TTC again, so I do want to start ovulating again. And maybe I am, who knows. I'm thinking of taking a preg test just to see.
    Jenny
    Mama to Jacob , born 6/11/06
    And his NEW baby brother , born 8/14/08

, , , cloth diapering

I wasn't lucky like some women are! I got my first post baby period at 7 weeks! Then they stopped for a couple of months and came back regularly starting at 4 months. I never gave formula and didn't start on solids till 6 months so I felt kind of cheated by my body!