Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: working and diminishing supply...help

Default working and diminishing supply...help

i work three lunch shifts a week as a sever I have been asked to return to work at night however, i would have to go about 8 hours without nursing or pumping about 2 to 3 days a week. I am ver concerned that my milk supply will diminsh and I do not want to supplement with formula at all. Will my milk supply diminish if I do back at night?

Default Re: working and diminishing supply...help

Hi unfortunately one's supply will drop if there is not sufficient stimulation. can you not pump while at work?

Default Re: working and diminishing supply...help

Eight hours is a good while to go without pumping. Your production would likely decline (eventually) and you would be putting yourself at risk of plugged ducts/mastitis.

Is there any way, any way at all, that you could pump or hand express at least one time during your shift? Could you work this out with your manager beforehand?

If not, is there any way that you could continue working the shift you're working now, at least for a little while longer?

What would YOU like to do? In a perfect world, what outcome would you like to see?