Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby does not like to take the bottle!!!

Default Baby does not like to take the bottle!!!

Hello ladies,
    My LO is 10 weeks old. She takes the breast exclusively except for maybe 1 or 2 days out of the week for 8 hours (3-4 bottles) of BM of course. I am a student and so my husband has to feed her on those days for that time. My problem is that my husband has a problem with her fussing. She won't eat unless she is really hungry. She doesnt seem to like the bottle much. When I come home she ends up spending atleast an hour on the breast. I think mostly for comfort b/c at that point there isnt much milk left.
    Should I give her the bottle more. Should my husband do it and not me? I was always so afraid of nipple confusion so I didnt give her the paci or the bottle for 4 weeks and now she won't take the paci at all and doesnt care for the bottle. Im concerned!!
    Any suggestions???

Default Re: Baby does not like to take the bottle!!!

Maybe he could try a different bottle/nipple? How about spoon feeding or with a syringe?

Here's a link with more thoughts on it

good luck
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Hi can you tell us a bit more about the type of bottle you're using? I found that a wide neck bottle works best for my baby who also did not like to take a bottle!

Sure, Im using the Madela bottles. Not sure exactly what kind of nipples those are but I don't think there the wide neck ones. Which ones do you
    use?

Thanks