Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holes in Lansinoh Bags

Default Re: Holes in Lansinoh Bags

I think this might be a problem with all bags. There should be a huge warning...VERY FRAGILE!!!!
    I have tried Gerber, Medela, and Lansinoh. They all leak. I too thaw my frozen milk in a container praying the entire time that the hole wasn't there before I pulled it out of the freezer. What do you do when 3 out of 5 bags leak when thawed?

Monica
    with my precious Emree Jewel who was born July 22, 2007.
    Still Always and loving every second.

I always used the Medela bottles. Pumped right into them and then into the freezer they went. With that said, I hardly ever pumped. I could see how owning a hundred of those things would get pricey and take up too much space.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

I have the bags but have never had them leak on me. I don't pump all that milk to be frozen nowadays anyways, and the last time I defrosted one was over a month ago.

Hmmm...I haven't had any leakage issues with the Lansinoh bags. Maybe there is a bad batch out there..? They should replace your bad bags with goods ones, lots of them!
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

Yeah the holes in my most of my bags (from different batches) were at the top by the zipper. It was just below so you wouldnt know unless you held it upside down and squeeze a little (which I do now).
    Jennifer

AIM- cuigrl

Proud Mommy to~
    Emma and Ally 3/15/06 (my two little angels in heaven)

Kaylin Ryan born on 6/22/07~ My joy!!!!

The holes in mine were in the bottom seam at the gusset.

Smile Re: Holes in Lansinoh Bags

I dont have enough to freeze myself yet, but a friend of mine loves 'The First Years' brand. (She is someone to look up to; she has twins!) You can buy them at Target and Babie's R Us.

I used the Lansinoh bags for over a year and never had issues with holes.

Are you filling more than the recommended 6oz in each bag? I think that if you put too much BM in the bag, it can cause the plastic to expand too much and create holes, you know, the whole "liquids expand when frozen" thing. Either that, or you got a bad batch.
    Robin

Nope ... I never put in more than like 4 or 5 ounces. It has been from several different batches. Not sure what the deal is
    Jennifer

AIM- cuigrl

Proud Mommy to~
    Emma and Ally 3/15/06 (my two little angels in heaven)

Kaylin Ryan born on 6/22/07~ My joy!!!!