Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your pumping output?

Default Re: What's your pumping output?

Just to add my 2 cents.
    I pump every 3 hours and usually get between 14-18 oz. total. He will nurse once I get home and all night. He's 7 months old now and he's been getting some solids but probably not as much as he should. It's something we're trying to work on.
    Thanks,
    Heather

I pump 3-4x per day and always get 6+ oz out of one side and 2-4oz on the other, totaling about 8 oz per session. I am trying to lower my supply because I have a freezer full of milk that I never use (DD eats yesterdays fresh pumped) but I'm somehow nervous about lowering my supply because I don't want it to get *too* low.

I work three - four days a week, and pump 1-2 times a day.....I travel alot and work with clients sometimes back to back, so my pumping schedule is not regular, and that negatively impacts my output / letdown. I acutally found myelf pumping double barelled inthe car while driving the other day REALLY need to not do that again.

Anyway - when I let down, I generally pump 6-8 ounces per session. My son is 8 mos now, and nurses 4-5 times a day; he only takes a bottle at day care hit and miss - and then most of the time only 3 oz. Occasionally 7oz. He definately enjoys his solids, though.

If you notice a drop in your supply you may want to consider a few things: 1. Are you letting down? 2. Are you more stressed than usual? 3. Are you getting enough quality time to pump? 4. Do you have a regualr schedule for your body to acclimate to?

The most amazing thing about our bodies is that the milk supply can bounce right back. GOOD LUCK!