Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adventures of bf a 5 month old

Default adventures of bf a 5 month old

Hi
    I was just musing about how different it is to feed a five month old, from say a 2 month old.
    my daughter just turned five months and the interaction is amazing.
    she clutches my breasts, guides them to her mouth or plays her "my mother is an elastic woman" game by turning her head in any direction of sound wiht my poor tit still in her mouth.
    but i love this stage. it makes me want to breast feed as long as possible.
    i was planning to stop at five months, but am determined to going till at least 6 months.
    i'll take it one feed, one day,one month at a time.

Default Re: adventures of bf a 5 month old

I have a "diver". He'll latch off look around turn his head back towards me, and dive back in. It's like he's attacking me or something, it's so funny and cute. And great job to making it to 5 months! I never want it to end either!

It's funny the "habits" they will keep, too. My DD is 9 months and always twirls her hair when nursing. She has done this from only a couple weeks old. It's so cute.
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Feeling like a and lovin' it!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000
    DS 2/25/03 Always making me laugh!
    DD 1/23/07 Loves to Breastfed 15 months with no end in sight!

Mine is off and on, off and on, using the time off to check out his fascinating hand. Forget nursing if the ceiling fan is on.

When I nurse him to sleep he puts his legs up on mine and kicks like crazy, and flails one arms. Pretty soon he slows it all down though.

I find it hard to nip, mostly because he can hardly focus, so hardly eats, so is hungry again too soon! But, I love it too, and try to remember that he's gonna grow up way too fast.
    Kat

SAHM mom to Richard, born 6/6/07 at 8 pounds, now 27!

Wife to Michael for 13 years

If you think 5 months is fun, just wait. DS has a new nightly ritual of nursing, running to find dad to come read books, then giving me a big smile, signing "thank you" for the "no-no" (his nursing word) and giving me a big hug. Those moments are very nice.

I agree 5 months is so cool! We're having a blast and nursing is so fun for us now.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

I second all the PPs. We are having a nice time nursing now. Jack will pop on and off which used to be a problem, but now is nice cos he smiles and goes back on, does the "diving" thing that Alison mentioned!! So cute!!

And lots of things to look back on and smile when they are toddlers pushing all the boundaries!! (I have a 3 year old who is doing this ALL the time!!)
    Claire, Mum to Archie, 5 and Jack, almost 3! Number 3 on the way!

Jack'sMum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

yep - DS does all those too.

I love his recent attempts at latching himself on - I recently woke up to one, but he'd tatched on over my shirt!

And it's so cute when he's nursing, turns his head and when he catches my eye he smiles, with boob still in mouth!

My Lo Is 6m And The Same Way I Love When She Nurses She Too Has Her Legs On Mine And Kicks Like Crazy And Takes Her One Arm And Reaches Up To Touch My Face She Rubs My Cheek Or Tries To Play With My Mouth Or She Will Grab My Necklace And Hang On. I Try To Put Her Hand Down Sometimes But She Just Keeps Putting It Straight Up Again She Always Wants The Contact. It Is Really Cute. My Husband Finds It Funny That When She Wants To Nurse Sometimes She Pulls At My Shirt And Tries To Lift It Up Or Down If I Have A V-neck On. I Love Bf I Love The Bond We Have. My Mom Used To Make Negative Remarks About Bf And How "it's Not For Me" "whatever" Etc But My Sister And I Both Bf Are Lo's And My Mom Now Thinks It Is The Coolest She Sees The Bond We Have And Says Great Supportive Comments All The Time Now.

my son is almost 14 months and nursing him is an adventure. his favorite nursing position now is standing up! and if we're laying down in bed, he crawls all over me to get to my breast. what a funny kid. i love it.