Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the best supplements to take to re-lactate?

Default Re: What are the best supplements to take to re-lactate?

Quote Originally Posted by TaraRenee View Post
    Thank you so much for your kind words and motivation! Do I need a stronger pump to re-lactate than Ive used in the past?
    Everyone is different. Some of the women hand expressed very successfully. I personally was not able to make progress with my Pump N Style while I was able to make progress with the Medela Symphony.

TaraRenee is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Another thing... it's ever so slightly frustrating.. but very hilarious to me. Whenver I'm trying to get Owen to latch on again, he just smiles and laughs. I feel ridiculous shoving my nipple in his laughing mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by TaraRenee View Post
    Another thing... it's ever so slightly frustrating.. but very hilarious to me. Whenver I'm trying to get Owen to latch on again, he just smiles and laughs. I feel ridiculous shoving my nipple in his laughing mouth.
    Beats a screaming baby! Sounds like you are off to the right start. I had to start with him screaming or sleeping. (He didn't bite in his sleep)

Quote Originally Posted by relactatingmomforthelord View Post
    Just think, three weeks from today, you could be exclusively breastfeeding your baby.
    I guess I shouldn't have wrote that. I have had four people tell me that it took them three weeks. Then someone told me it took her two months. Then I found this quote from a New Beginnings article:

"Mothers who induce lactation vary widely in the amount of milk they are able to produce and in the amount of time required to produce milk. All agree that inducing lactation is a process that takes patience, commitment, diligence and education. "

So, I shouldn't throw around numbers like that. It is a process... It is a process.. It is a process...

Sorry ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmina32 View Post
    Oatmeal and lots of water always helped my supply!

these are two things that REALLY helped me as well!!

about time it takes to induce lactation, I only BF him for a week, at 7 weeks really started to try to relactate, by 4 months of age he was BF without any supplements. so it's different for all, for me it took 2 months , but looking back he was still getting supplements for about 2 weeks that he probably didn't need at all. I was just worried about him getting what he needed.
    ~*TiffanyJewel*~
    Happily Married !
    SAHM to my two beautiful boys
    Ethan my sweet big boy! born 9-9-04
    Aidan my little nursling! (relactation) born
    5-2-06!
    Natalie Jewel Our Valentine! Born
    2-14-08
    *Relactation- a labor or Love*