Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: has anyone tried teething feeders to introduce solids?

Default Re: has anyone tried teething feeders to introduce solids?

I use the mesh feeders but not too often, mostly for "momsicles" and I gave him a banana here and there with it while I was trying to cook so he was occupied cause nothing else was working. But yeah the Munchkin ones are gross. Don't have anything else though so thats what I'm going to use every once in awhile.

what are momsickles?

Quote Originally Posted by thecowgirl View Post
    what are momsickles?
    Breast milk frozen in ice cube trays for your teething LO to suck on!
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

I was given a couple but didn't try them. I was already using pieces of raw rhubarb, green peppers, celery, carrots, etc. for LO to chew on and play with. They made great teethers! Cool, tasty and no plastic to worry about.

When LO was older we went with soft-solid route instead of baby foods. The mesh bag just wasn't for us. While I've seen other babies sucking on the mesh, LO was already chomping on whole fruits and doing very well with them.

~ Linda

I used the mesh feeders for my lo's first taste of fresh, raw fruit. They also came in really handy this past summer when we attended a lot of weddings b/c it gave our dd something to suck/munch while we enjoyed our dinners. They serve as a nice snack or appetizer but do not provide enough food for meals.

We've used the Sassy one with great success. I basically used it for "real" food (i.e. not jarred, but fresh), when she couldn't quite manage to feed herself. Melon, soft chunks of peach or pear, cooled off cooked sweet potato, etc. She loved it! It got us over a rough patch when she was crying for food off my plate and refusing purees. Maybe not for everyone, but it worked for us.
    3rd baby, first nursling! Lauren 1/17/07

Quote Originally Posted by moonbaby View Post
    They serve as a nice snack or appetizer but do not provide enough food for meals.

Quote Originally Posted by stlmom View Post
    It got us over a rough patch when she was crying for food off my plate and refusing purees. Maybe not for everyone, but it worked for us.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

We used one in the very beginning for DS's first food. He had cantelope and I wasn't sure about givng it to him whole. We used it maybe 3-4 times and a couple times for momsicles, but other than that we got intot he BLS more and he's hates it now LOL

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

Lightbulb Re: has anyone tried teething feeders to introduce solids?

for bls--should they be able to sit on their own?? i am feeding my 7 month old solids with a spoon and want him to feed himself. can you give more details as to how the bls works? how small should the pieces be, etc...
    thanks-want more details please

Quote Originally Posted by tantan View Post
    for bls--should they be able to sit on their own?? i am feeding my 7 month old solids with a spoon and want him to feed himself. can you give more details as to how the bls works? how small should the pieces be, etc...
    thanks-want more details please
    BLS method babies should indeed meet the criteria for solids as found here

(and take a child/infant CPR class )
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.