Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby Food Book?????

Question Baby Food Book?????

I am about to start my LO on foods. I am going to make her baby food and I was looking for a book on how to do it and recipes for baby food. Does anyone know of a good book??and where i can get it?

Default Re: Baby Food Book?????

There is a book you can find at the bookstore that is called Super Baby Food

Just an FYI, yu can actually skip rice cereal altogether. Plenty of us here did. If you go out onto the website and read about LLL 1st food recommendations, it's not one of them. Just a thought. Also, when I got here I was down to make my own baby food as well. And then I learned about child led solids. And that I didn't really have to. It's worth looking into. Good luck and happy solid feeding!

Way too lazy for formula

I was planning on starting her off with bananas and not using cereal but i have no clue on how to make the food or what would be the best food for introducing after bananas.

I have the book: I'm Yours now Feed M- I am 99% sure that's the title. It has lots of recipes and uses the foods you may be already cooking.
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Here is a great online resource:
    http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

I purchased this kit:
    http://freshbaby.com/

It basically is just a guide for when to introduce new foods and spices as well as how much water and how to cook the foods before pureeing them. It mainly has you steam things in the microwave. Most of the recipes are the same, though. Take X cube it, put Y amount of water in, cover and microwave for T minutes, puree and add Y amount of water. After the first few attempts I really did not use the book much.
    Mom to Lainey (11-8-06)

Quote Originally Posted by waxdragonflies View Post
    I was planning on starting her off with bananas and not using cereal but i have no clue on how to make the food or what would be the best food for introducing after bananas.
    Again, if you go out on the website,(Here) LLL has an entire two sections I believe devoted to the topic. There are plenty of great suggestions there.

Way too lazy for formula