Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing toddlers is the new black

Default Nursing toddlers is the new black

Or so this writer thinks. Who knows, we can hope right?

Nursing toddlers is the new black
    http://www.compulsivewriter.com/?p=158

Hooray for Gwen Stefani for continuing to nurse Kingston. Although it might not be right that celebrites have so much influence over their young fans, there's no denying that they do...

Not sure nursing toddlers is actually "in" where I live (YET! ) but it's a nice idea, we can hope.
    Erin (32), breastfeeding CLW, knitting cloth-diapering crocheting, heirloom tomato-growing philosophizing poker-playing feminist artist mama to my 19 month old daughter! Baby #2 due January 2009.

Default Re: Nursing toddlers is the new black

I've read this before. It's great that she nursed for so long and that because she's a celebrity she might help to normalize it. But I think I read somewhere recently that she weaned him at 13 months.
    ~Brandi~

Loving wife to K
    Proud stepmom to B, and proud mom to J and R-A
    and our newest addition C

Happily homeschooling
    Still and and

Ask me about Parkinson's Disease! Visit me at Life With Shaky!

Terri Hatcher said once that she bf her daughter for 3 years. That I like!
    ~Brandi~

Loving wife to K
    Proud stepmom to B, and proud mom to J and R-A
    and our newest addition C

Happily homeschooling
    Still and and

Ask me about Parkinson's Disease! Visit me at Life With Shaky!

Quote Originally Posted by brandila View Post
    I've read this before. It's great that she nursed for so long and that because she's a celebrity she might help to normalize it. But I think I read somewhere recently that she weaned him at 13 months.
    Really? Could be true, I don't know, hard to say when I'm getting half my info from the National Enquirer, basically...

But this was the news story I read last, it had her still nursing him at 14 months. Guess he got teeth really late if this is true, huh?

http://www.exposay.com/gwen-stefani-...eding/v/12902/
    Erin (32), breastfeeding CLW, knitting cloth-diapering crocheting, heirloom tomato-growing philosophizing poker-playing feminist artist mama to my 19 month old daughter! Baby #2 due January 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by brandila View Post
    Terri Hatcher said once that she bf her daughter for 3 years. That I like!
    That's great!!

There should be some ad campaign similiar to the "got milk" campaign featuring celebs who breastfeed beyond one to help start normalizing it!

I thought I heard enough comments about weaning when my daughter started walking and nearing the 12 month mark...now that we're approaching 13 months and not slowing down, I'm really hearing comments...I'd love some ad campaign to help begin to normalize it since that is what seems to work in our culture (if celebs do it, then it must be cool).

The funny thing is...I know so many moms who just wanted to make it to the 12 month mark...and they all did, but are still nursing their toddler, it's just kind more privately now...it's like a secret club or something!