Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meats

Default Meats

When did you start giving our lo meat? And did you give him from the jar or did you make it yourself?

Default Re: Meats

jarred meats
    they have things added to them..
    cheaper and beter for baby to make your own.
    then you know that its only meat.

Started around 8 months. Gave real meat. Jarred kind of disgusted me. I figured if I wouldn't eat it. I wasn't going to give it to my baby. I just shredded up chicken and beef at first. Now I cut it into french fry like strip and she feeds herself (sort of). I have a handheld food chopper and used that to cut the chicken and beef. or used ground meat mixed with a veggie. I make hers without any seasonings, just a little olive oil when I cook so it won't stick to the pan. So far no problems!
    Proud wife to Pete, 5-9-04
    Proud 1st time mom to Lilly 2-1-07 born at 36 weeks, 5lbs 1 oz, au natural!

http://www.lillybugdesigns.com
    Handmade accessories for mom and baby
    All made with love, and by hand[/COLOR]

We didn't start meat until almost 12 months. Not sure why. He was doing fine with other stuff, I guess. I couldn't feed my kids jar meat. That stuff makes me gag. Little bits of chicken or ground beef worked well. DS's favorite meat now is steak. He's not a cheap date!
    Katie
    Just one more fanatical cloth diaper convert...
    Mom to Morgan (01/10/04) and Zachary (07/12/06)
    What are M & Z up to now?

We did poultry between 9&10 months. Shredded chicken and ground turkey. We didn't do red meats until after his 1st b-day. No pork or beef until then. Check Kelly mom for guidelines....

Way too lazy for formula

Around 7.5 months - 8 months - cooked it and put it through the blender and added to vegies.

After making homemade meals, Brooke wouldn't touch any of the jars, def jarred meats, I can't blame her though, they taste awful.

Thanks for asking this! Cause at my 6 month check up on Tuesday the Pedi said I could start giving him meat now, but I don't think I'm going too. Though maybe a little Turkey on Thanksgiving but nothing else.

i DIDNT STart LO on any solids/cereals until he was 7.5 months old. I have given him jarred meat, maybe 5 times..I decided not to give him any more beef because of all of the recalls. He eats "real" meat now, but not too much!
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!

I took dd2 to her 9 month check up yesterday and he told me to increase the water intake and give her more meat. I haven't given her any yet but I didn't tell him that. I am not a big meat eater but I prefer not to give the jar food. I guess I am going to have to ask df to cook some it for me, so I can blend some up for the lo. Sadly the only meat I know how to cook is pork chops and hamburger. And pedi is didn't tell me to give her juice so thats good, because I am not ready. I actually think he is anti-juice.

chickens not hard.
    You can boil it with water on the stove or bake it in the oven.
    maybe this will help
    http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

once baby has a tooth you realy don't have to grind it up just cut it into small peices and then let them self feed.
    Don't be surprized if they don't care for it, some babies will not eat meat.