Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Happy to report...

Smile Happy to report...

that my DD nursed for 50 minutes today!

If you haven't been following my story, I've been having issues nursing DD since around Dec 1. Almost every time I go to nurse her, she would fuss, cry, scream and pull off. Once in a while she'd nurse for about 20 minutes but things had been getting progressively worse over the last week or so.

Today, instead of nursing every 3-4 hours like I had been, I pushed it to every 4-5 hours. She nursed at 7:15 am, 10:45 am, 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm with hardly any fussing at all today! I hope to nurse her around 9 pm and put her to bed. We shall see. I'm going to just wait to see if she's hungry. She ate quite a bit at 6 pm so she may be good till midnight!

Default Re: Happy to report...

great news! i was having probs with overnight feeds, and extended the space between feeds last night and it worked like a charm! congrats! i guess we all need to remember to experiment a little

YAY that's awesome news

Congratulations! I hope my own little booger does the same soon. I can't believe I actually miss her 45 minute nursing sessions!

Well let's see - Tuesday was a good day...Wednesday was a bad day. Today's been good so far. Keeping my fingers crossed for more good days!

how old are your babies? Mine is only 4mos and he usually nurses for about 5-10 mins and only takes one side. When I pump i get around 3oz. He's a big boy too. 19lbs 5oz at 4mos.

My daughter is 4.5 months old now. She has always only nursed from one side at a time and is almost 16 lbs now. She used to nurse for a good 20 minutes, but lately, I'm lucky if she gets 5 in.

The rest of Thursday went ok and Friday was ok. A bit of fussiness but nothing like it had been. One fussy session today so far.

Stretching the feedings out a bit longer seems to be working. However, I'm still taking cues from her if she's hungry before the 4 hours are up.