Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WEIRD positions while nursing!!!

Default WEIRD positions while nursing!!!

My DS is almost 9 months old and recently started crawling.....anyway, Sometimes during the day I nurse sitting in a couch and is the afternoon and at night (when I´m tired) I nurse in my bed (side-lying).....everything was going great....up until 2 weeks ago....

My DS murses a while, then turns on his tummy and nurses on his tummy....I have to get in weird positions and my back is killing me.....then he starts crawling around the bed and when he sees my boobie he crawls to it and nurses on all fours.....HAS THIS EVER HAPPEND TO YOU? WILL IT PASS?
    Karina, Neonatal Nurse, mother to Martin, born at 33 weeks 02/11/2007...
    I love ...... .....my baby loves it

I relactated....IT CAN BE DONE!!!

I also love
    Tried to

Default Re: WEIRD positions while nursing!!!

During the day this is very funny...but at 3am.....it´s another story...
    Karina, Neonatal Nurse, mother to Martin, born at 33 weeks 02/11/2007...
    I love ...... .....my baby loves it

I relactated....IT CAN BE DONE!!!

I also love
    Tried to

Hi Karina,

Sorry, I'm not of good help for your question. I hope the other friends have a lot to share.
    I was just checking the messages and came across yours and I saw that you relactated. Do you mind sharing your story?
    My son is 8 months old and my milk supply has fallen down by almost 50% 'coz I was sick for a couple of days. I'm slowly trying to build up my supply. I though you might be able to give some advice.

Thanks,
    VishMom

LOL...my son does this during the day. When I'm nursing him in the rocker recliner, he stands up and bounces while nursing. LOL It's kind of funny, but I do avoid laughing in an effort not to encourage it. He does the tummy lying thing, as well.

My daughter did this for a while. It is a phase, but if you are going to nurse for longer than a year, you can begin to tell them that "this" is the only way that they can nurse if other ways are hurting you. They understand at that point. Well, you could probably do that now. Everytime he gets into a position that hurts you or doesn't feel good, you can unlatch him and set him down. Try again a few minutes later. When he stays the way that is the most comfortable for you, then you tell him how wonderful that is.

Hope that helps. I used to joke with my husband than my boobs would be down to my knees because the kids are always trying to keep doing what they're doing while nursing. But, yes, it usually does pass.

Oh yes, I am totally with you! My little guy is almost 10 months and does exactly the same thing!

LOL My son does that same thing!! It started like 3 months ago and he is still doing it. At times it's cute, other times it's annoying. I have made the joke that he thinks he's part horse or something. Now his latest trick is to stand up in my lap and bend over and nurse like i'm a drinking fountain. Silly babies....

i nurse my scooting db on his back with his legs kicking. he rolls away and then comes back to me as i hang in midair over his head. he has been on strike for a while so i do it ANYWAY i can these days to get the milk in.

by the end of the day, i need 5 showers.

DD does this every day. She gets on all fours, tries to stand on her head, tries to stand on my head, flips from her back to her tummy, to her side. She's all over the place. I think it's pretty normal.
    ~Brandi~

Loving wife to K
    Proud stepmom to B, and proud mom to J and R-A
    and our newest addition C

Happily homeschooling
    Still and and

Ask me about Parkinson's Disease! Visit me at Life With Shaky!

Nursing gymnastics.

If it bothers you, it's a good idea to gently redirect now before it becomes a long term habit. Here's some helpful information on nursing manners:
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/older-bab...g-manners.html

Quote Originally Posted by karinamillanao View Post
    My DS murses a while, then turns on his tummy and nurses on his tummy....I have to get in weird positions and my back is killing me.....then he starts crawling around the bed and when he sees my boobie he crawls to it and nurses on all fours.....
    Karina I'm sorry but this made me laugh!! I have just given both DSs their breakfast and was sat here eating my oatmeal and having a read of LLL. I nearly choked!! DS is only 6 months and either nurses cradle hold or lay down. So it just sounds funny trying to picture him crawling around to find a boob!!

Anyway, no advice, just a thanks for cheering my morning up!!!!
    Claire, Mum to Archie, 5 and Jack, almost 3! Number 3 on the way!