Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Does anyone Reverse Cycle on purpose?

Wink Does anyone Reverse Cycle on purpose?

I have been.

I gave up on pumping at work when my milk supply dwindled to the point that my baby was drinking more formula than bm. I was so discouraged! I really wanted to be able to offer her breastmilk, even if it is pumped, until she was 1. thens he went through the "distractable baby" phase and I could not gget her to nurse at home without detaching and looking around. THAT was frustrating. So I ALMOST gave up nursing altogether, but then I decided to try reverse cycling.

So I stopped pumping and we just started sending formula to her sitter during the day and I brought her back to our bed to nurse through the night. I've never been against formula, so that's not an issue for me.

It's working great! My milk supply is up (at night) and she now drinks very little during the day because she waits for me at night. As soon as I see her after work she wants to nurse for a little bit to rebond I guess.

She has though become VERY clingy, I swear it's the height of separation anxiety, she is so attached to me. She is social, doesn't mind being held by others, but she doesn't really self-soothe and can't even nap without me. Well, I figure she's only a baby for a little longer, it's just hard when I need to get things done, she is heavy too!

This has really helped my self esteem though. You don't know how miserable I felt when I was bringing home less and less expressed bm. I was discouraged and felt like such a failure. I cried a few times because I was unsuccessful nursing my firstborn for the same reason and I felt like I was going to give up like I did then. She is definitely getting more BM this way then when I pumped.

I just wanted to share my experience for anyone who is having a hard time pumping at work and with their supply. Reverse cycling works for me, maybe it will work for you? I would also like to know if anyone else does this. I really don't know anyone who does and I thought maybe some of you here do.

Default Re: Does anyone Reverse Cycle on purpose?

I didn't do it on purpose but when my dd was little she just wasn't crazy about bottles when I went back to work. So I found that we were reverse cycling. It didn't bother me any, we co-slept and I liked that we were "attached" all night!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...