Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Well the time has come

Unhappy Well the time has come

Tomorrow I have to go back to work. After having 5 months with my lo, I have been dreading this day. I am a bit anxious about the whole day care thing and my ds won't take a bottle very well, but I am trying to stay positive. I also don't know how/when I am going to pump, but I guess I will figure it out. I just felt like I needed to write to get a little support. I know it will be okay, but I'm just very nervous, anxious, sad, happy...just very emotional about it all.

Default Re: Well the time has come

I'm sorry You'll make it. Once you get into a new routine it will get easier.

i can relate totally! i have two (2.5 yrs and 7 mos)--each time back to work had its own gut renching stuff!! did you do that thing where lo stays with day care a few hrs a couple of days before you go back? that helped me.
    for me looking back what i realize is that i really needed to go back to work to feel that i was going to be able to balance everything-- being on leave was magical but not reality for my family long term. once i was back to work and came home day after day with everyone surviving and us nailing a routine, i felt like i knew what life was really going to look like which made it easier. i hope this is your experience too. pumping is hard and work is stressful but you will make it and look back and feel so proud for all you have done. hugs to you and good luck mommy

Thanks for the support. It actually went better than I thought, although today was a short day. He didn't take the bottle when offered, but didn't fuss about it either, so we'll see. Only time will tell how he's really going to do. It still is hard...but I know it has to be done.
    Thanks again for all the support.